Instagram is one of the most popular social media apps of our generation. With its user base of more than one billion, there is not a single corner left on earth where this app’s user would not be present.
You can upload your status through photos or video clips, and it will be made instantly available to the people who follow you. They can interact with your posts by liking it, sharing, commenting, or just saving them.
If there is something you want to share just for a short period, then you can add any post to your story. It will be available to your friends for 24 hours and would disappear. They can send you a direct message if they want to respond to your status.
While it is very simple to use on your mobile or pc and numerous articles are describing its usability in multiple forms, this article is specifically written to tell its readers about
In order to make a post on your Instagram, you must have an account on it. It is very easy to create an Instagram account. You may follow these steps to do so:
- Open Instagram.com on your web browser or mobile app.
- Click Sign up
- You have to enter your email-id.
- You will have to select a username and password.
- OR you can directly signup with your Facebook account if you have one.
- Once you have filled up the required information, you will have to click on the signup button and that’s it. Your Instagram account will be created.
Once your Instagram account is set up, you are ready to make your posts on it. It is very straightforward to make a post from your mobile app but a little tricky to do the same from your PC. You will have to use either Chrome from your windows PC or Safari if you want to post on Instagram from Mac.
Here is the simple step by step guide for making posts on Chrome or Safari using Mac:
- Open your Chrome browser.
2. Go to the Instagram home page by typing its URL which is www.instagram.com.
3. Enter your login details: You will have to enter your username and password.
4. Once you enter your login details, you will be shown your wall containing various posts of the people you follow. However, there are many options that are available on your Instagram app which will not show up on your web browser of your PC.
These options are Direct message, link to your profile, and the plus symbol which is used to make a new post. To view these options, you will have to make changes in the settings.
The following steps will show you how.
1. In the navigation bar located at the top of your browser window, click on view option and select Developer and then more options would open. Click on the Developer tools option.
2. A developer console will be opened on the right side of your browser window. Another option to open this console directly from your keyboard is to simply press F12.
3. There will be many options present on the top row of this new window. Click on the second option from the left which shows the symbol of a phone overlapping a tablet.
4. Then you need to refresh your window and the Instagram screen on your left will switch over to the view of a mobile app version of Instagram.
5. There is a “responsive” mode on the top left side of your Instagram screen which allows you to select how Instagram can be shown on a specific device.
There is a list of mobile devices shown in this option. If you have your mobile shown in this list then select the one otherwise click on the edit option.
The edit option will show you a comprehensive long list of many devices that are available in the market. Select the one which is yours and with which you are most comfortable using the Instagram app.
If you are still not able to find your device in this list then you can make a search by clicking on the “add custom device” option on top of the list.
5) Once you have discovered your mobile on this list and selected the one then the Instagram screen on your left will readjust itself to show exactly how it appears on that mobile device.
6) Now you can see a plus icon on the bottom row of your Instagram home screen right next to the lens icon. Clicking on that will open your explorer window which will ask to locate the file that you want to post.
Instagram allows only JPEG or JPG files to be uploaded on its post. If you have any other format to be posted then you will have to convert them to these formats. Once you have located the file, select the file.
You can either select multiple files or just one. If you select multiple files then they will all appear on one post in a view as a slideshow. Press the next icon after selecting the pic.
7) Instagram allows using many filters to your pic and it has a long list of predefined filters that will be shown with a preview of your pic if you select them. Use the most appropriate filter that clarifies the pixels on your pic and with which your picture looks most amazing.
8) You will be shown the next screen where you will see an option to write a caption for your pic. Give a suitable caption to your pic that clearly defines it. It totally depends on the kind of mood of your pic following which you may enter either a seriously defining caption, the real and exact caption or just a playful one.
You can also use the hashtag captions which will be picked up by the search algorithm of Instagram when the users search for those keywords. You can use as many hashtags as you want to be able to enlist your post for all kinds of search queries by different users or you can just keep it private without using any.
9) Then below that comes the option to tag your pics. Tag your friends and family or whoever is there on the pic with their username or with whom you would like to share this pic with so that they don’t miss. They will receive a notification once you tag them.
10) The last option in the post is about mentioning the location where that pic was taken. Remember that all these options are not mandatory but adding these details brings more user interests on your posts and makes it look more alive.
Once you have added the location then press the “share” option, and that’s it. Your post is live.
With this easy to use reference guide, making a post on your Instagram would be a smooth ride and self-explanatory once you get a hang of it. It is totally voluntary to post on Instagram if you are using it privately or for personal use. But if you are using it for business purpose then it is generally observed based on the statistics that most of the businesses make one to three posts every day to keep their followers engaged. So get started with making your Instagram posts from your PC and you don’t have to wait to transfer your files from your PC or Mac to your phone devices to get going.