Welcome to our culinary adventure, where we dive deep into the world of niche-based cooking! In this blog post, we are excited to present a scrumptious recipe that combines the goodness of quinoa, the fluffy delight of pancakes, and the burst of tangy sweetness from a luscious blueberry compote. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with our gluten-free Quinoa Pancakes with Blueberry Compote recipe. Not only is this dish a treat for your palate, but it also offers a nutritious twist to your breakfast routine.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut oil for greasing
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch (optional, for thickening)
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, gluten-free all-purpose flour, ground flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well to ensure all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, and stir gently until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can result in dense pancakes.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly grease it with coconut oil.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour the pancake batter onto the skillet, spreading it slightly with the back of the measuring cup to form a round shape. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles start to form on the surface.
- Flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat this process with the remaining batter.
- While the pancakes are cooking, prepare the blueberry compote. In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, maple syrup, and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- If desired, whisk the cornstarch with a tablespoon of water to make a slurry, then add it to the blueberry mixture to thicken the compote. Stir well and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the compote has thickened slightly.
- Remove the compote from heat and allow it to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve the warm quinoa pancakes with a generous drizzle of the blueberry compote on top. You can also garnish with fresh blueberries or a sprinkle of powdered sugar for an extra touch of sweetness.
Voila! Your gluten-free Quinoa Pancakes with Blueberry Compote are ready to be savored. This unique combination of nutty quinoa, fluffy pancakes, and tangy blueberry compote creates a mouthwatering harmony of flavors. Whether you have dietary restrictions or simply want to explore new taste sensations, this recipe is a winner. Enjoy a wholesome and indulgent breakfast that will fuel your day with energy and delight your taste buds. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family who are always on the lookout for exciting and delicious gluten-free
options. Happy cooking and bon appétit!