Shopping for gifts is stressful, especially during the holidays. Traffic is congested, stores are crowded, and supplies are limited, especially for the season’s most popular items. Hitting the stores and finding the right gift can be an overwhelming experience.
To avoid the hassle of holiday shopping, some people turn to do-it-yourself options. DIY is a great way to create gifts that have a personal feel that people will treasure.
“Holiday shopping can be a nightmare,” warns Henry Ma, CEO of Ricoma. “Even if you are shopping online, you will still spend hours searching, often without a guarantee that you will receive the gift in time. Making unique, handmade gifts that are sure to impress is a much better option.”
Ricoma is a brand built for creatives, business savvy entrepreneurs, and everyday people who enjoy DIY. The tools that they provide, which include embroidery machines, direct-to-garment printers, and heat presses, are used by business owners and DIY enthusiasts alike in more than 160 countries around the world.
“When it comes to preparing holiday gifts, Ricoma heat presses are a great option,” Ma explains. “They are a must-have item for any business or individual that wants to produce high-quality custom apparel or decorative items.”
Types of items that a heat press can customize
The number of items that can be created with Ricoma’s heat presses is virtually endless. Here are some examples of items that can be personalized to make great holiday gifts:
- Candles contained in glass or ceramic holders
- Reusable water bottles
- Gift pouches and tote bags
- Plates and coasters
- Phone cases
- Aprons, hot pads, and oven mitts
- Table cloths, napkins, and table runners
- Welcome mats
- T-shirts and jerseys
- Baby onesies and bibs, which can be easily personalized with a “Baby’s First Christmas” motif
- Matching family Christmas pajamas
- Ugly Christmas sweaters
Ricoma’s signature heat press models are among the most user-friendly in the industry. They include built-in LCD touchscreens that make it easy to set the perfect time and temperature. Ricoma offers models designed for caps, mugs, plates, and flat items like T-shirts and napkins. It also offers a 4-in-1 multifunction heat press that handles a variety of different products.
Tips for buying the perfect heat press
Before purchasing a heat press, Ma recommends that you pay close attention to these four key components:
- Even heat distribution — Presses work by applying heat to an item placed on a platen. When the platen does not heat evenly, the design can be misapplied. Even heat distribution across the platen allows for perfect applications.
- Temperature control — Achieving the correct temperature is critical to successful heat transfers. When the press is too hot, adhesives may bleed out from under the design. When it is not hot enough, adhesives may not activate. The best presses will have effective, user-friendly controls that allow for the proper temperature to be dialed in and a timer to ensure that heat is applied for the correct amount of time.
- Even pressure — Applying the right amount of pressure requires controls that let you adjust pressure for the particular item. These controls should allow for precision adjustments to get the perfect amount of pressure evenly applied across the press.
- Ease of use — Opening and closing the heat press should not be challenging. In addition, the design of the press should allow for items to be safely and effortlessly removed from the press, keeping users from getting burned.
“Whether you plan to make personal gifts, start a home business, or support a large operation that provides customization services, having the right equipment is important,” Ma advises. “Obtaining a heat press that is professionally designed and proven to produce quality items will allow you to make your vision a reality with precision and speed.”