Are you about to go on a business trip? If so, you’re probably wondering how you can keep your skin healthy while you’re on the road. It can be tough to maintain your skincare routine when you’re away from home, but it’s not impossible. Join us today as we discuss some travel-friendly skin care tips that will help keep your skin looking its best.
Business Trip Etiquette
When you’re on a business trip, it’s important to remember that you’re representing your company. This means that you should be mindful of your appearance and how you present yourself to others. Part of having a professional appearance is having healthy skin.
Travel-Friendly Skincare Tips
While you may not have control over the amount of travel you have to do for work, there are some things you can do to make sure your skin stays healthy during your trips. By following these tips, you can help keep your skin looking its best:
Drinking plenty of water will help keep your skin hydrated and looking its best. “Pack a reusable water bottle with you so you can always have water on hand,” recommends Rachel Roff, Founder and CEO of Urban Skin Rx. Typically an adult should drink eight glasses of water per day, but you may need to drink more if you’re traveling to a hot or humid destination.
Wash Your Face Every Day.
Washing your face with a gentle cleanser every morning and evening will help remove dirt, oil, and makeup that can clog pores and lead to breakouts. If you’re short on time, try using cleansing wipes to remove makeup and clean your face in one step.
Whether you’re outdoors or indoors, it’s important to use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Be sure to reapply sunscreen every two hours, or more often if you’re sweating or swimming.
Applying a moisturizer to your face and body will help keep your skin hydrated and looking its best. If your skin is feeling dry, consider using a face oil or serum in addition to your regular moisturizer.
Take Care of Your Lips.
Your lips are just as susceptible to the sun’s harmful rays as the rest of your skin. According to Dr. Michael Green, Chief Medical Officer at Winona, “Be sure to apply a lip balm or gloss with SPF 15 or higher.” In addition, travel can take a toll on your lips, so pack a lip balm or salve to help keep them hydrated.
When packing your travel bag, be sure to include all of the skincare products you’ll need for your trip. This includes a cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen, lip balm, and anything else you typically use in your skincare routine.
Packing travel-sized versions of your favorite skincare products will make it easier to keep up with your routine while you’re on the go. “You can find travel-sized products at most drugstores or online,” informs Michael Fischer, Founder of Elite HRT. If you’re unsure what to pack, consult with a travel-savvy friend or your dermatologist.
How to Pack for a Business Trip
When packing all these aspects for a business trip, be sure to also keep the following in mind:
- You’ll need a travel bag that’s large enough to hold all of your belongings, but not too large or bulky to lug around with you.
- Choose clothing and shoes that are comfortable and easy to care for. You’ll likely be doing a lot of walking, so comfort is key.
- Bring versatile items that can be mixed and matched to create different looks. This will help save space in your travel bag.
- Don’t forget to pack any medications or toiletries you may need while you’re away from home.
- If you’ll be traveling by plane, be sure to pack your travel skincare routine in your carry-on bag to avoid losing any items in transit.
How to Stay Healthy While Traveling
In addition to following a travel-friendly skincare routine, there are some other things you can do to stay healthy while traveling:
- Get plenty of rest. This will help your body recover from the stresses of travel.
- Eat healthy meals and snacks. This will help boost your energy and keep your skin looking its best.
- Stay hydrated. By drinking plenty of water your immune system will stay in optimal condition.
- Exercise regularly. This will help improve circulation and reduce stress levels.
- Relax and rejuvenate. Take a hot bath, read your favorite book, or take a walk outdoors.
By following these tips, you can help keep your skin healthy and looking its best while you’re on the road.
How To Manage Jet Lag
If you’re traveling across time zones, you may experience jet lag. Jet lag is a temporary sleep disorder that can cause fatigue, insomnia, and other symptoms. To help reduce the effects of jet lag, try the following tips:
- Get plenty of rest before your trip.
- Travel during the daytime if possible.
- Adjust to the local time as soon as you arrive at your destination.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol.
- Expose yourself to natural light during the day.
- Get some exercise.
How to Choose the Right Travel Adapter
If you’re traveling internationally, you’ll need to use a travel adapter to plug in your electronics. “Travel adapters come in a variety of types, so be sure to choose the right one for your destination,” suggests Umer Usman, Head of Growth at AvantStay. You can find travel adapters at most travel stores or online. When choosing a travel adapter, keep the following in mind:
- The type of outlet used in your destination country.
- The voltage and wattage requirements of your electronic devices.
- The number of devices you’ll need to plug in at once.
Most travel adapters are compatible with a variety of devices, but it’s always a good idea to check the compatibility before you buy.
Don’t let your busy travel schedule keep you from taking care of your skin. By following these tips, you can help keep your skin healthy and looking its best while you’re on the road. A little planning and preparation can go a long way in helping you maintain your health and wellbeing while you travel.