Software testing is one of the cherished career choices for alumni of computer science in the 21st century. It is not as complex as software development and is gaining popularity among youngsters.
As the developments in the software industry gain pace, the importance of software testing increases commensurately. A new report by Global Insight Market states that the software testing market size has exceeded USD 40 billion in 2020.
As per the same report, the market size is expected to grow at more than 7% CAGR by 2027. So, if you are looking for a software tester role, you can expect multiple opportunities in the future.
However, you will require a software tester’s resume to get a job. In this regard, we have created 7 steps for a killer software engineer resume. Read below:
- Make a resume outline
You can begin drafting your resume with a professional resume format. Reverse Chronological and functional resume formats are widely popular.
You could choose between a reverse chronological or functional resume format basis if you are an experienced professional or a fresher. A functional resume would highlight your skills better. You could go for a combination as well if that suits you better.
- Mention essential information under different headers
To perform better comparatively and get an edge in the resume screening round, you can consider adding the underneath areas in your resume:
- Personal Information
- Professional Details
- Internship Details
- Additional Details
- Showcase your technical and soft skills separately
You should showcase your technical skills and soft skills in separate sections. It would make your resume look organized, impressive and enhance readability.
- Mention your professional experience
It is one of the most important sections in your resume, as hiring managers invest the majority of their time on this section. You should mention your professional experience in bullet-points beginning with a power verb to convey the information in a succinct way.
- Highlight keywords and essential information
You can bolden the profile-centric keywords and important information in your resume, to get the recruiter’s undivided attention. It will also help you parse through the ATS i. e. Applicant Tracking System.
- Frame an elegant resume summary
The resume synopsis is a short summary of the information provided in the resume. It must be connected with each and every segment in your resume. Additionally, you should use easy to read language here.
- Proofread with a calm mind
It is the last however the most fundamental stage of resume building. We encourage you to edit with a calm mind after you are done with drafting. It will assist you with correcting grammatical errors, typos, silly mistakes.
- Outline your resume in a suitable format that is also professional
- Add essential sections in your resume to make a better impression
- Frame separate sections for your technical and soft skills
- Mention your professional details in bullet points
- Highlight industry-specific keywords and important metrics
- Craft an easy-to-read resume summary
- Proofread your resume before applying for a job