I seem to be cooking a lot of parsley and basil recipes lately. Too many healthy, yet delicious herbs,,,, what a good time to live in. This yam porridge recipe is a simple and winning and delicious one. Since I had a couple of the required ingredients in my kitchen, I decided to pop those into the neat pot along with some fresh chicken. let’s start
- 1 medium size smoked fish
- 1 cup of fresh or dried shrimps
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- 2 medium size bell peppers
- 2 small peppers
- 1 bulb of onion
- 2 cooking spoons of palm oil
- Seasoning ( 1 cube of knorr chicken, 2 table spoons each of curry and thyme)
- Water, salt to taste
- 1 medium size yam tuber
- A handful of basil leaves
- Rinse the smoked fish properly to remove dust.
- Remove the intestine, shred the fish and set aside. Peel the yam tuber, wash thoroughly and cut it into cubes, pour the cut yam into a pot add some water and set aside.
- Remove the shell of the fresh shrimp, but if you are using dried shrimp there is no need to remove the shell, just rinse and pour it into the pot containing the yam, add one cube of knorr chicken, as well as the two spoons each of curry and thyme and put the pot on fire to boil its content.
- Slice some onions into the pot and add some salt and cover the pot. Blend the tomatoes, bell peppers, small peppers, onions and pour it into the pot after 5 minutes.
- When the yam is almost cooked, add the two cooking spoons of palm oil, mash the yam with a wooden spoon.
- Rinse the basil leaves with salt added to the water and shred.
- Add the shredded basil leaves to the yam, stir and taste for salt.
- Remove the pot from fire after 1 minute so as not to denature the basil leaves and serve.
- This serves 3 people.
Now You Know