Having long eyelashes is something every woman dreams to have. However unluckily, not all women have long eyelashes that beatify their eyes to make them look more beautiful. To help them with this matter, there are some tips that can be followed to make eyelashes grow longer.
yelashes are made up of 91% protein called keratin. Keratin protein is the basic building block that also makes up our skin and nails. Our hair, skin and nails are made of same basic ingredient. So, what’s good for our skin is also good for our eyelashes. With that in mind, let’s move on to the 3 easy steps to make your eyelashes grow.
Home remedies to make your eyelashes look longer
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is able to moisturize and protect hair from protein loss and damage. These benefits also extend to eyelash hair.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant that slows down signs of aging in our skin. It’s the active ingredient in the form of ‘tretinoin’ in high-end wrinkle eliminating creams. This vitamin stimulates eyelash growth in two ways: it activates new cell growth and helps form keratin protein. If you want to make your eyelashes grow, vitamin A is your ticket. It’s abundant in apricots, pumpkins, peaches, red peppers and so on.
- Improve your daily diet: You don’t have to “change” your entire diet. All you have to do is add in a few things that help your eyelashes grow longer, thicker and healthier. Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are extremely beneficial to make eyelashes grow. Our bodies don’t produce them so you’ll need sources like salmon, almonds and whole grains. Take vitamin C and B-complex to improve circulation. Magnesium and calcium also help promote eyelash growth. This would be found in dairy, meats, avocados and bananas.
- Vaseline: Vaseline can make your lashes look moisturized and shinier, but that’s all. There’s some research proving petroleum jelly makes your lashes grow. If you want to give it a go to help moisturize your lashes, you can apply a rice size amount at night with a cotton swab. Eperts state that petroleum jelly has the ability to nourish your lashes, leaving them healthy and shiny looking. Leave this on your lashes for around 3-4 minutes before you wash and rinse off any excess lubricant.
- Avoid damaging your eyelashes: Going to bed without removing mascara can cause lashes to fall out. Rubbing your eyes excessively is the most common way to damage eyelashes. Over washing your eyelashes makes them dry and brittle. If you need to remove mascara, use a mild makeup remover. Olive oil mixed with equal part water works as an effective eye makeup remover. Be gentle with your eyelashes, treat them nice, and provide them with nutrients. That’s how to make eyelashes grow in 3 easy steps.
- Fake Eyelashes: Fake eyelashes have come down in price in recent years. The good brands look real and blend in nicely. The less expensive brands fall off and don’t blend as well and don’t last as long. Fake lashes come in different styles, shades and shapes to fit each woman’s style. There are times when you want the eyes to play a bigger role in your makeup look and mascara just won’t do the trick! False eyelashes are a quick fix that’ll take your look from mediocre to glamorous in an instant. Thankfully, there are plenty of options to choose from. Before deciding on the types of false lashes you want to enhance your look with, consider the shape of your eyes. For smaller eyes, lashes should generally be more spread out and wispy. Those with larger set eyes can typically get away with lashes that are fuller and more dramatic. There are individual lashes that fit in between the natural lashes to make them thicker, by giving the illusion that there are more lashes on the lid. Many women complain about the gluing and the placement of the lashes. It is messy and you need a steady hand to get them just right.
Now You Know