It’s family night, and you’re looking for some activities to do with your family. We all know that the most important part of the family night is spending time together, but what should you actually do? There are tons of fun activities out there – from board games to outdoor activities. In this article, we will go over 10 family-friendly activities that will make for a great family night!
Playing cards is an incredibly popular family game for good reason – it’s fun and easy enough that everyone can play, but still interesting and require some thought so they aren’t boring! If you choose to play games like Scrabble or Words with FriendsPlus you should check unscramblex.com and use Word Unscrambler tool to find the highest scoring words. You don’t have to spend too much money on these type of games.
Charades is another classic family-oriented board game is charades. Everyone has played this before or at least seen someone do it in a movie or TV show somewhere! It’s lots of fun, especially if the players let themselves go wild acting out different movies/characters without talking (which sometimes makes things more difficult).
Family night is a great time to spend with your family. Here are some fun activities you can do on family night!
- Board Games: board games are an easy, inexpensive way for all members of the family to have fun together. There are tons of different kinds – everything from strategy games like chess or checkers to more action-packed ones like Monopoly or Battleship.
- Outdoor Activities: another popular family activity is spending time outside in nature. Going hiking, biking, stargazing at the park, camping out under the stars, and throwing around a frisbee (or football) will be sure to get everyone involved in what’s going on! If it starts getting dark before they’re ready for bed, you can always turn a family night into a family campout and roast marshmallows or make s’mores.
- Music: having fun with music is another great family activity! Everyone loves listening to their favorite songs, so why not create some family playlists? You could even pick out your own tunes for everyone else – they’ll be sure to thank you later on!
- Board Games & Outdoors: the best activities are those that combine two of your favorites together – like board games outdoors! Plus it will give everyone an opportunity to enjoy what they love about each activity separately before combining them. This way, no one gets burnt out too quickly by doing something all night long.
A family night is a great time to break out the popcorn, pop some movies in your DVD player or laptop/computer, and snuggle up with everyone.
- Movies: one of the most classic family activities you can do is watching family-friendly flicks together. Everyone will have their own favorites they want to watch over again – from Frozen to Toy Story!
- Popcorn & Snacks: movie nights are incomplete without snacks – so be sure that when planning family night activities include making some homemade popcorn (or buying it). Don’t forget candy for dessert too!
- Blankets & Pillows: having fun on family night doesn’t mean staying inside either – especially if there’s something good playing outdoors under the stars! Make sure you bring blankets and pillows to sprawl out on the ground, so everyone can enjoy family night activities together.
- Family Night Traditions: family night doesn’t have to be anything too crazy – it could even just be a tradition that your family has had for years now! Maybe every Sunday is family movie night with popcorn or board game time after dinner. Nothing’s better than spending quality bonding time with family members who know everything about you (and vice versa).
Adventures are what family night is all about – exploring new places together! Whether you go somewhere local like the park or downtown to eat at a restaurant, it will be an event that everyone remembers for years to come.
You can even include family night activities like camping or hiking too! Just be sure that everyone knows what they’re getting into, so no one gets hurt.
One family night activity you can do is to take turns picking out songs for everyone else in the family. This way, no one gets bored of hearing the same tunes over and over again – plus it’s a great chance to discover new music that others might like!
Doing activities like this will remind your family about how much they love each other (and what they were doing before life got so busy). It may seem mundane at first, but after a while, these traditions are something people look forward to! They also help forge stronger bonds between family members as well – which is always nice.
Give them clues about what they’re looking for and see who can find it first and bring it back to you! This family night activity is a great way for everyone to get moving and have some fun together. Also, everyone will get to see all the family’s favorite places in your area, which they may not have visited before!
Scavenger hunt is a family night favorite. Set your family up in teams and have them take photos of specific items while they are out on a walk together. Give clues to the next locations along the way such as, “find something round” or “look for green.”
Have each team give their pictures to someone who is not playing so that person can work on putting it into an album during family game time later!
Take turns creating funny stories with everyone’s pictures by starting off with one word at a time until you finish the story!
There are tons of family-friendly activities out there waiting to be discovered by your family members – so make sure they know how fun family night could be if they give it a chance! Spending time with them no matter where you live can create memories that last forever.