If you had a barbecue party the night before and have lots of leftover food, don’t just flush them away – you can indeed utilise them to create new yummy dishes. A lot of people would agree that chicken brisket is better on the next day! Oh Wait a minute, what the hell is Chicken Brisket?
Beef brisket is the most delicious latke pairing during the traditional Jewish Festivals. But for those trying to reduce red meat intake, or who simply want to spice up their holiday primary-dish game, try braising chicken in an authentic brisket sauce. Flavored with red wine, paprika, and a touch of honey, and heaped with sliced onions, the chicken is falling-off-the-bone tender with a beautifully craveable sweet-savory sauce. And since chicken cooks significantly faster than a side of brisket, Hanukkah dinner doesn’t take 12 hours for dinner.
If you have no idea how to repurpose your leftover chicken dish, here is my authentic delicious leftover chicken brisket recipe that you should try right away.
Leftover Smoked Chicken- Brisket
- 2 Jalapeño pepper, diced and seeded
- Half can kidney beans
- Half can black beans
- Extra-Virgin Olive oil
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3/2 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 white onion, washed and nicely diced
- 4 cups fire roasted tomatoes (this will add the flavor)
- 2 cup brisket
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Heat the extra-virgin oil in a cast iron dutch oven over medium high heat for four minutes. Add the cumin, chili powder, salt, paprika and freshly-ground pepper.
- Stir properly to combine. Stir in neat crushed tomatoes, black beans, fire roasted tomatoes, kidney beans, chicken brisket and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine ingredients well.
- Cover the iron oven and put on a pre-heated smoker (300F) for 30 minutes. Carefully the lid and nicely stir the spices. Continue smoking for one more hour, uncovered, stirring every 20 minutes.
Your leftover chicken will get a beautiful makeover.