Summer is upon us, and it’s time to finally pull out the shorts, bathing suits, and our adorable flip-flops! But remember, keeping cool is about more than just what you wear. If you’re seeking easy recipes to help you beat the heat on sunny beach trips and hot poolside afternoons, look no further than these two homemade frozen recipes that your family and friends will enjoy all summer long!
Dragon Fruit Popsicles Recipe
These brilliant pink dragon fruit popsicles are as delicious as they are colorful. Ask your eyes and our tongue; this is perhaps my favorite summer popsicle ever.
- 2 cups dragon fruit frozen
- 0.5 cup raspberries frozen
- two lime, juiced
- one orange, juiced
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup sugar (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until thoroughly blended. Add coconut water if required to get the desired consistency. Optionally, add 1 tsp of sugar for sweetness level.
- Pour dragon fruit miz into popsicle mold and put wooden popsicle sticks. Freeze overnight or until fully frozen.
Remove and Enjoy
Cotton Candy Ice Cream Recipe
This cotton candy ice cream blend that is covered below is simply unmissable and perfect for any summer birthday celebration.
- three cups icy heavy whipping cream
- One can cold sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp of cotton candy flavoring
- Food coloring in blue and pink
- Take your cold bowl, and with the use of a clean hand mixer, beat the cream until you can see stiff peaks
- In a large bowl, stir the sweetened condensed milk, which should be cold and cotton candy flavor, until smooth and even.
- Split the mixture into two separate bowls
- Color one bowl of the blend with blue food coloring and one with pink food coloring.
- Drop the ice cream blend by spoonfuls into a neat container randomly around and alternating colors.
Freeze overnight and serve.