Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar shared a though provoking message of rekindling the sense of reverance for nature in order to protect it, on the occasion of World Environment Day.
“Respecting and protecting the environment must become a part of our value system,” Gurudev shared on Twitter, “All the ancient cultures around the world had a strong sense of reverance for Nature. This attitude of treating Nature as sacred needs to be revived.”
In line with the theme of UN’s decade of ecosystem restoration, The Art of Living, founded by Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, has been working in many areas of ecological restoration from improving ground water level to increasing the green cover and implementing effective models like agroforestry.
Here are some of the highlights of the organization’s work:
- 47 Rivers and its tributaries being rejuvenated across Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- 22,562 recharge structures constructed.
- 7 million beneficiaries.
- 6186 villages benefitted across 4 states.
- 25 crore liters of increased water storage capacity.
- 81 million trees planted in 36 countries.
- 2.2 million farmers trained in natural farming