A croissant is a flaky, buttery, viennoiserie pastry of Austrian origin but primarily associated with France. Like other viennoiseries, croissants are named for their historical crescent shape and are made of layered yeast-leavened dough.
Chicken Croissant is a super simple, family-friendly chicken recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
Chicken Croissant Recipe
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. butter,
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. Finely chopped onion
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 1 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs
- One 6-ounce can of refrigerated croissant dough
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, use a spoon (sturdy) to blend the cream cheese with one tablespoon butter until smooth. Stir in the milk, chicken, salt, onions, and freshly ground pepper.
- On a clean work surface, separate the croissant dough into four rectangles- press the holes to reduce the seams. Spoon ½ cup of the chicken mixture onto the center of all rectangle. Pull the four corners of the dough to the top. Seal and twist to form a round ball.
- Brush nice melted butter over each equal ball and then roll in breadcrumbs—Bake on an un-greased baking sheet for thirty minutes.
Croissants are great, but chicken crescent rolls are delicious. Try this, and do let us know how it turned out in the comments. Happy Cooking.
Now You Know