Gift baskets are an excellent gift for families. You can make your own DIY Holiday Gift Baskets EASILY and inexpensively using some of the ideas below.
DIY GIFT BASKETS USING NEWSPAPER
- Start by cutting newspaper to around 12 cm wide. Next, fold them horizontally twice in half. Use a knife to cut them into sections. Roll the tube using a pine skewer, or you can also use a thin knitting needle for the same.
- Put the dowel on the newspaper’s corner at the desired angle.
- Tuck the below the corner edge and then carefully roll it. I begin off rolling with my fingers and then delicately lift the tube, holding the left end of the skewer in my right hand and moving the paper around with my left.
- When you ultimately reach the end, carefully smear on a small amount of glue to secure it in place.
- You will see that once you have made a couple of tubes, one end is ever so somewhat narrower than the other. Don’t worry about this.
- For the bottom of the basket, cut two nice rectangular pieces of clean cardboard. These can be any chosen size, depending on how large or small you want the basket to be. Secure it.
- You can properly cover the top layer of cardboard in any fabric you choose.
- Next, it’s time for you to weave and twist each row. It’s easy to extend the paper tubes’ length as you work. Go on adding the new rows, and your work is complete.
The final output would be a decent basket that you can use in the following mentioned ways.
How to use your DIY Basket?
Family Movie Night Basket:
Fill a basket with classic movie theater snacks, like Junior Mints and Raisinettes. Include a few family-friendly DVDs. Don’t forget the microwaveable popcorn.
Sunday Morning Basket:
Fill a basket with tea and gourmet coffee, pancake mix, muffin mix and syrup, jams and jellies, and other delicious breakfast treats. Line the basket properly with the funnies from the cut newspaper. Include crayons and coloring books to keep the children busy while dad and mom fix breakfast.
Making Memories Gift Basket:
This is an excellent gift for scrapbookers. Include the normal basics of what they’ll need to make a family memory book – papers, an album, and markets, embellishments, a glue stick. You can include a disposable camera for each kid in the family in the newspaper basket so that they can capture their memories in the making through their eyes. You can even add a few pictures of the family you already have to help them start.
The holidays do not really need to cost a fortune; use the DIY mentioned above and get yourself a sexy basket for holidays. You can give thoughtful DIY Holiday Gift Baskets to friends and families to show you care.