The age-old question of “what to do with this leftover Chicken” lives on today, but with the return of the slow cooker, we now have more opportunities for extending our food dollars by creating some delicious crockpot chicken recipes.
Today’s chicken crockpot recipes are fun and creative to cook and should be taken advantage of throughout the year, not just during the festival season. Gather your ingredients, plop em’ in your crockpot in the morning before you leave for work, and when you come back home in the evening, your delicious meal is waiting, and your home smells fantastic! Using leftover frozen chicken makes meal prep even easier. Here are some Chicken Crock Pot Recipes that your family will love.
Crock Pot Chicken Stew
- Two lbs boneless, skinless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces.
- One large bag of frozen mixed veggies
- Two Tbsp. flour
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place Chicken and Veggies into crockpot.
- Mix chicken broth, flour, tomato paste, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper in a bowl and then add to crockpot.
- Cover and cook on a low setting for around seven hours.
- During the last forty minutes, stirring once or twice, properly breaking apart any chicken piece that has stuck together. Be really careful not to remove the cooker lid for more than a couple of minutes.
- Stir in parsley just before serving.
Crock Pot Chicken Sandwiches
- 6 cup of shredded chicken
- 3 cups of shredded cheese
- 1/2 cups of Miracle Whip
- 1.5 onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Mix everything and cook in a crockpot for two hours. Stir twice during cooking, knowing not to have the top off very long. If the mixture is thick, add some hot water at the end of cooking.
- Serve on hoagie buns.