Oats can prevent hunger and facilitate weight loss
Breakfast is a very important meal – it can either make or break your day. So if you want to avoid overeating and boost your weight loss, oats are a great way to start your day. Keep reading and you will understand why oats should not be missing from your diet when you want to lose weight.We are going to see all the reason why you should include oats in your diet. A healthy diet is a very important part of a holistic health approach that promotes health, wellness, and happiness. Diet and exercise are crucial part of this but so is having fun. Remember to find time to do all the little things you enjoy as well whether that is listening to your favourite music, dancing, playing video games or spending some time at NetBet Casino.
5 reasons to put oats in your diet when you want to lose weight
1. It keeps you full for longer
One cup of oats contains almost eight grams of fibre, helping you stay full longer and avoid snacking. Fibre prolongs the feeling of satiety because it is difficult to digest by your body. To make your oats even more filling, combine it with protein-rich foods such as almond milk, chia seeds or flaxseed.
2. It can replace less healthy sources of carbohydrates
Want to make your favourite recipes healthier? Oats are an easy addition to everything from sweets to meat dishes. For example, you can use oats to make homemade cereal bars or to replace bread in the burgers you make.
3. It can stabilize your blood sugar
Fluctuations in blood sugar can make you feel hungry, irritable, and tired. In fact, according to a 2021 study published in the journal Nature Metabolism, among a group of 1,070 adults studied, people with significant postprandial blood sugar increased their hunger by 9% and consumed 312 more calories during the studyday than those with less pronounced fluctuations in blood sugar.
Experts say that oats can be the ideal food to avoid these large fluctuations in sugar and thus facilitate your effort to lose weight. Oats contain complex carbohydrates, which are digested by the body more slowly than simple carbohydrates, preventing sudden fluctuations in sugar.
4. Enhances the balance of the intestinal microbiome
A meta-analysis published in Genes (Basel) found that prebiotic fibres, such as those found in oats, can help improve both insulin sensitivity and intestinal lipid metabolism. When digested, fibre helps grow good bacteria in the gut, and a healthy microbiome can provide improved weight loss. Thus, eating foods rich in fibre, such as oats, could be beneficial for managing your weight.
5. Improves your digestion
If constipation hinders your weight loss efforts, oats may be all you need, as they contain soluble and insoluble fibre, which play an important role in digestion. Treating constipation will reduce the number you see on the scales and make you feel lighter.
To help you incorporate oat in your life we have included a recipe for oat bars.
180 gr. oat flakes
160 gr. chopped white almonds
250 gr. seedless dates
80 gr. peanut butter or almond butter
100 gr. honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
70 gr. chopped dark chocolate (or vegan chocolate for vegan option)
1) Spread the oat flakes and the chopped almonds in an oven tray that you have covered with baking paper and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 10-12 minutes, until they get a little bit of colour. Let them cool.
2) Put the dates on a large cutting board and chop them into very small pieces.
3) Transfer the dates to a bowl and add the oats and almonds.
4) Put the peanut butter (or almond butter) and honey (or maple syrup) in a saucepan and heat slightly without boiling. Stir. Remove from the heat and pour the mixture into the contents of the bowl.
5) Mix well to combine the ingredients evenly. Add the chocolate and stir a little more. (It does not matter that a little chocolate will melt since our mixture is still lukewarm).
6) Spread the final mixture in a square form or tray and “press” with your hands or a glass to stick the materials well in a uniform layer.
7) Cover with another piece of baking paper and press it to stick to the surface of the mixture.
8) Carefully cut the bars and enjoy!
For the readers that happen to be business owners or are thinking of starting one, you may want to have a look at seo consultancy and discover what search engine optimization can do for you.