Flower arranging has become extremely popular as a hobby for people of all backgrounds and ages.
Have you ever thought of putting flowers in a vase, but they just don’t sit right? By knowing a few basic principles, you will make beautiful floral designs for your beautiful home.
Flowers add the much-needed finishing touch to any room. Imagine the pleasure you will get by making a lovely flower arrangement for your entrance hall or a floral centerpiece for the dining room table.
Flower arrangements make the ideal gift for so many different occasions, such as anniversaries, birthdays, get-well wishes, or to say “I am here for you.”
Unlike other hobbies, you don’t need a lot of fancy equipment. You can often use foliage and flowers from your own garden, or you can purchase some inexpensive flowers. Once you learn how to place foliage and flowers correctly, you can quickly make eye-catching floral designs.
Here is how you can go about Floral Arranging:
- Pick your flowers. Seasonal blooms will be less costly and feel appropriate for the time of year. Other varieties, such as orchids and roses, are available year-round. You can either buy them or pick them up from your garden.
- Create a mix of symmetrical varieties and colors, or pick one variety or shade. Don’t forget to add greenery for color and texture.
- Pick your vase based on the kind of flowers you plan to utilize and the style and size of arrangement you want to make.
- Cut the extra stems at an angle about an inch from the bottom using neat garden shears. The size depends on the vase. Remove any excess leaves that will sit below the vase’s water level.
- Pour clean, soft water into the vase. Add some bleach to keep the flowers fresh and kill off harmful bacteria.
- Add the largest flowers first, work in a circle, and turn the vase as you go to ensure the arrangement is symmetrical.
- Finish the arrangement by adding grasses, greenery, or colorful berries.
There are numerous benefits of Arranging Flowers and making it a routine/hobby:
- Flower arranging is fun and creative.
- This hobby is incredibly therapeutic and will relax your nerves after a hectic, long day.
- Our mind reacts to achievements positively, and accomplishing balanced output with colors and freshness will soothe your mind.
- You will save a lot of money by making your own floral designs.
It would be great if you explored this exciting world of flower arranging. It’s simple once you know how to go about it.