Did you understand how reverse charcoal drawing develops a dramatic effect and accentuates dark and light in a picture?
Reverse charcoal drawing, also known as negative drawing, is an inventive, resourceful process in which the artist first darkens. To some degree, an entire sheet of paper then smudges and blends the pigmentation to a smooth, even gray color.
The main purpose of this article is to reveal some quick and simple steps to get you started. These are simple lessons that could potentially help you kickstart your reverse charcoal drawing venture.
So, let’s explore how to do a reverse Charcoal Drawing. This DIY is a great drawing technique that can transform your artwork into reverse charcoal drawings.
- Choose a Long-Lasting paper. Pick a paper that can last for a longer duration. This will help you preserve your masterpiece for a longer time. You will need to pick a paper that is strong and durable with a comparatively light texture. We suggest exploring Amazon and other eCommerce sites to sort your paper requirements.
- Use clean masking tape to properly tape it to the surface. If you use broad tape, you will potentially create a white frame around the image.
- Next, color the entire paper black. Just color in black and keep aside. Use a real charcoal stick to carefully shade the entire page black. Don’t skip a single dot while shading it.
- Use your clean fingers to smooth and even the color. Carefully use a spotlight and draw your sketch. Use a bright spotlight in the dark on your object or model when learning this reverse drawing technique, as it will entirely exaggerate shadows and highlights for you to pick up in your portrayal.
- Use your eraser as a tool. Make your first sketch using just your eraser. Erase by smearing with fingers or adding more black. If there is an error or a silly mistake from your end, use your finger to again fill the line with the black charcoal stick.
- The retractable is utilized to create fine lines. The kneaded one is utilized to take small amounts of sticky charcoal, developing Gray areas. The magic rub one will assist you in creating larger white areas.
Your DIY activity is complete.