After numerous random experiments with chicken, I landed upon this delicious Chicken Recipe (Chicken Breasts) exclusively for Chicken Burgers. My friends loved it, so I chose to write this recipe down in our NYK Daily’s recipe column.
It’s full of flavor and more moderate in fat than a conventional beef burger because it uses ground chicken breast meat, which contains minimum fat. Get the friends to help you collect the chicken burgers and even make their sauces. The recipe comprises optional extras like cheddar cheese to insert in the chicken burger patties and chili powder for an additional spicy taste.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- olive oil, for cooking
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) chicken mince
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 cup (60 g/2 oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp chopped red chili (optional)
- One egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh lemon thyme or chives
- 1 oz (30 g) butter
- Six slices of Cheddar cheese (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, cleaned and crushed
- Six crusty bread rolls
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- tomato, lettuce, pickled cucumbers, extra sour cream, and sweet chili sauce, to serve
- Start by frying the onion in a bit of the oil over low heat until golden brown. Properly drain the onion on clean paper towels and leave it aside.
- This is where it gets dirty. Wash your fingers thoroughly, and then it is time to start mixing with your fingers.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken mince, onion, chili, paprika, beaten egg, breadcrumbs, salt, lemon thyme, and freshly ground black pepper. Mix it throughout using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into six equal portions and shape it into round balls. If you want a cheeseburger, press the cheese into each ball’s center and mold the mic to envelop the cheese completely. Properly flatten the balls and shape to make perfect chicken burger patties.
- Heat butter and 1 Tbsp. Of oil in a large frying pan. Add garlic. When the mixture is foaming, add patties, pressing with a spatula to slightly flatten it. Next, cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side, or until the clean patties are nicely golden- browned, and the meat is adequately cooked. If you put cheese in the center, then the cheese should also be melted.
- Cut the bread rolls in equal halves. Toast if you fancy and spread with butter. Fill the rolls with tomato and lettuce slices, a chicken patty, some pickled cucumbers, sour cream, and sweet chili sauce.