In many American neighborhoods, you can see a popular trend towards smaller yet smarter homes. Individuals, couples and families are now dropping the idea of larger houses and are considering for smaller space living that would give them real-life savings. This alternative for the traditional mansions or big houses is the concept of Guest House Plans that provide smaller and better homes for the baby boomers and millennials as well.
The small space trend could be a great solution to anyone seeking a more compact way of living. This kind of accommodations serves as a workaround for an average home price that sometimes would reach a whopping $800! So if a potential homeowner can’t afford to buy a house big enough in their chosen location, this small compact space is the better option to choose rather than the big one.
Nowadays, most countries in the western part have an average of three occupants per house. Unlike in the earlier years where the traditional thinking is about upsizing living spaces, potential buyers are now going practical and are preferring the other way around: downsizing. Seeing the advantages and benefits of doing this, such as much cheaper to construct or buy, they tend to consider the lower maintenance costs of a smaller house compared to a bigger one.
In our current culture, we no longer live as a single unit of a family – parents, children and other members of the family that needed large residential properties – rather as mentioned earlier, three occupants on average. This family size does not require a mansion or even a house with more than two bedrooms.
It is also being observed that millennials nowadays tend to buy older and smaller living spaces mainly for two reasons:
- Lower interior volume – the heating and cooling capacity of compact spaces takes less energy than usual.
- Small exterior markings – since the structure is physically smaller, materials that are more efficient or can provide performance than traditional materials for construction are being used to build these small living spaces.
Concerning efficiency, most appliances can work pretty well and tend to be utilized more efficiently. Thus, less energy consumption as well on your end.
Homeowners-to-be can have a vast selection of appliances that are fit for a smaller house, giving them more options in selecting the best that would serve their purpose.
There are lots of benefits and advantages to small space living. It is worthy to discuss some of them to have a better idea.
- Compact living surely can lower your utility costs.
- For those who commute every day for work, moving to a small space that is closer to their work would contribute a lot to their savings.
- Monthly payments are considerably lower than renting a bigger house.
- More savings and income resulting from the lesser costs of housing and utilities.
- Small space living is usually located near hospitals, malls, public transportations, and other important infrastructure. Thus giving better access to any of these.
- Baby boomers, as well as millennials, will have better and larger entertainment choices.
- Of course, a shorter commute time if you decide to move to a smaller space near your workplace
And the list goes on.
There are hundreds of reasons why people are now considering small space living. But the fact that you can have plenty of preference when it comes to smaller and smarter design plays a very important role in your decision-making. There are many secrets to designing smaller homes. You can get creative home design ideas on Truoba House Plans.
For example, rather than separating your kitchen from your dining and living room areas, why not combine them and make a partition or separation by using heavy curtains? Once done, you can easily pull the curtain on one side and presto! You can utilize your kitchen as a dining room as well.
Since many of our baby boomers choose “aging in place” that would provide them the independence and stability, small spaces are of great choice since they can easily manage the features that they want even if they have certain physical impairments.
Greater independence for boomers if of high importance in their day to day activities. So they must have easy access inside and outside of their comfort zones. Some might be looking for pedestrian walkways, others who are using walkers or wheelchairs may be looking for improved street design and easy access. Read more interesting stories from TheRightNewsNetwork.
As our baby boomers retire and most millennials are entering the housing market, the innovation and concept of smaller and smarter designs for a compact living are continue to grow. Especially that an economic downturn is being felt not just all over the states, but across the world as well, choosing a smart and small living space might be one of the best decisions you would ever make.