Web hosting support services are probably the most underrated parameter when you choose a new provider. Unfortunately, it is a huge mistake. Even if you have bought a plan with 99,9% uptime, incredible performance, and reliable security, support is essential.
Don’t think you wouldn’t need help. Experience shows everyone needs support, regardless of the high cost of hosting and their own expertise. The question only is WHEN you’ll require the help of experts. Then, finally, you’ll understand the importance of hosting support.
Read on and find out how tech support is important when selecting hosting companies.
What Technical Support Do For Your Online Business
The first technical support staff task is to ensure the server operability. The second one is to solve the customer’s issues.
There is a list of some tasks solved by web hosting support:
- Keeping the server up-to-date.
- Fast troubleshooting if it is needed.
- Monitoring web hosting functioning.
- Restoring data backup if it has a request.
- Informing the website owners about updates and technical work.
Clients can give different support tiers, from basic to advanced help, which requires deeper expertise from the hosting provider.
Why Do You Need Technical Support
Here’s some of the popular reason why websites owners choose professional hosting support:
- Even if you have a simple business site, it can represent losses when it doesn’t work. Is your web page focused on earnings? Еhen you y should choose a provider with qualified support.
- You probably keep sensitive data on the server. Website support helps you to avoid data breaches and inform you about illegal entry or even alleviate the consequences of a cyber-attack.
- If your web page goes down due to dangerous malware, tech stuff can be put back up. Website backups are being done 24/7, so you won’t lose your content.
- Usually, a newcomer can’t solve all problems with his site independently, so trustworthy technical help is necessary.
- Нou just may not know the solution to some problem! And you mustn’t know it. Everything you need is proper hosting support.
- Sometimes an unexpected error can happen. In this case, even experienced website owners ask for help.
Now you understand why you need a reliable provider with qualified support, do you? Read above what parameters to consider choosing the host.
What Do You Need Asking About Hosting Support?
To get a good idea of how effective support stuff will be, you need to ask your host about three aspects:
- The channels available for accessing professional help. It can be one, several, or all of its channels: by phone, by email, by Social Media, by online chatbox, by a ticket system. Besides, almost all hosting providers offer 24/7 support.
- Time of response. A solid support team ensures a quick response time. Ask your future provider during what time support specialists respond to user messages. As a rule, it is a 15-minute response time, but for VIP-clients, they answer within a few minutes. Also, you need to define what that number means — work beginning on your issue or the time it takes for solving this issue.
- The support team’s qualification. The risks to website owners can be multiple, and sometimes it is outside of the hosting company’s control. A good support service can be able to effectively and quickly fix unexpected problems. A hosting knowledge library is a great way to find out a support team’s knowledge level.
No matter how perfect your hosting plan is, you may have questions or problems related to the website functioning. To solve these issues, there is a support service. It can help you with almost anything connected to your web page. But the hosting support must be professional and fast. Hence, it is essential to check how efficient and reliable service works before you are buying a hosting plan.