Festive seasons usually come with hurdles; it can be hard to sustain good healthy habits with all the possible foods. But for the sake of self-love, you can take command and ensure that the foods you eat add positively to your body’s health. Here is a recipe that can do the job for you.
Lemon Garlic Crock Pot Chicken Recipe
- One Whole Chicken
- 35 Gloves of garlic
- 1 Onion (washed and sliced)
- Homemade Italian seasoning
- 2 Lemons (for squeezing)
- 1 Lemon (hard)
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Spread the sliced onions and the peeled garlic on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Using clean cold water, wash the chicken, and then pat it dry. Keep cleaning it until you are satisfied. Don’t use hot water, or else you will soften the chicken.
- After that, place the chicken on top of the onions and garlic.
- Squeeze lemon on the chicken (one lemon) and then season the chicken using Italian seasoning, salt, basil, thyme, sage, and paper.
- Once seasoning is completed, you will need to put the hard lemon in the chicken’s cavities.
- Cover the crockpot with a air tight lid and then allow it to cook slowly on a low-medium heat for about five hours.
- When the chicken has been prepared (slow – in five hours remember?), you will need to remove the lid and place it on a plate.
- Shred the chicken to separate it from bones and then put it back in broth with the garlic and onions.
Remove the bones and have fun eating the Slow Cooker lemon garlic crockpot chicken.