There are so many common reasons why couples tend to argue. Most of their problems include insecurity, drugs, alcoholism, infidelity, financial instability, and even emotional issues. There are cases wherein the dispute leads to the abolition of the rights of an individual. When that transpires, they end up filing a divorce.
Here are the 6 Most Common Marital Problems That Cause Divorce
- Financial Problem: Most couples argue over debts, bills, spending, and other monetary issues. How you choose to deal with financial dilemmas in your marriage will determine whether those problems negatively or positively affect your marriage. If Amy loves Louis Vuitton footwear, and Paul has a blue-collar job, Amy and Paul are going to face having to resolve the dilemma of Amy’s fancy taste and Paul’s low income. I wouldn’t put money on Paul winning that argument, and more than likely, Amy has low conflict resolving skills. I’m sure that Amy will be frustrated when she finds out that alimony is challenging to get these days, and even if Amy did, it wouldn’t remotely cover the cost of a new pair of Louis Vuitton footwear.
- Kids: Diet, discipline, and other issues can be sources of disagreement between mostly newlywed couples. A kid is the number one stressor in a marriage. It can accentuate contrasts in beliefs on matters like how to discipline, who exactly is responsible for most of the baby care, or what school options to pick. Plus, there is the matter of lost sleep, who has to switch dirty diapers, run after them when they begin walking, and the expensive daycare cost.
- Sex: Quantity, frequency, infidelity, and quality are all known sources of disharmony and stress in a marriage. Withholding sex to leave a spouse breaks the love bond. Cheating on a spouse slaughters trust. Sex can be a big issue when it comes to breaking the vows you took.
- Distance: Long distance and a lack of class time together causes married couples to become out of sync with each other. Having shared hobbies, interests, and activities you participate in regularly helps married couples stay connected. Army couples fall victim to this sad issue in their marriages. Surviving long deployments and ongoing temporary duties away from home, couples have to have a unique bond for their beautiful marriage to last.
- Expectations: We all go into marriage with some expectations. Most of the time, marriage is the reverse of what we expected. Due to the movies that we see, we romanticize marriage and become disillusioned once those romantic expectations aren’t met. Unmet expectations are a significant root of conflict in marriages.
- Family: Siblings, In-laws, step-children, and children can all create tension within a marriage. When coping with adverse issues because of family, step extra-gently. Our partner should come first, but there are days and situations you have to be willing to take a step back and bite your tongue.
Here are 2 Rare Marital Problems That are Causing Divorce
- Mobile Gaming: Due to the latest wave of addictive mobile games, a rare divorce reason cited in the 2019-2020 period was Call of Duty: Mobile, ‘PUB-G’ and Minecraft: Pocket Edition. Yes! Men spend too much time on their mobile phones, playing games, and the ladies are walking away from them due to this addiction.
- Biden and Trump: In the United States, most men supported trump and ladies wanted Biden in power. Around 47 couples ended their relationship because of the political differences they had. When you get married, you are making a calculated decision to accept your love for all that they are. You have learned everything about their personality, and by the time you say your ‘I dos’, you can name their favorite band, their favorite destination, and even their favorite show to binge-watch on Prime or Netflix.
However, many couples find themselves encountering marital problems over their polarizing political opinions. As of late, divorces caused by political differences are becoming more and more public.