Eggplant Mixed Grill Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Oregano (Fresh)
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Basil (Fresh)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Parsley (Fresh)
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 12 Trimmed Asparagus Spears (if doing skewered veggies, you might substitute zucchini)
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Eggplant
- 10 Mushrooms (try Crimini for extra unique flavor)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- Chop the bell peppers and onion into wedges. Carefully remove all the stems from the mushrooms (and wash them properly), and slice the washed eggplant into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Combine olive oil, basil, vinegar, parsley, oregano, freshly ground pepper, salt, and garlic in a large resealable plastic bag and combine well. Add eggplant, mushrooms, onion, bell peppers, and asparagus (or an alternative-zucchini). Seal the bag tightly and shake smoothly to make sure that the marinade coats all the veggies. Place the bag in the fridge for about four hours. Turn the bag over after every 45 minutes or so.
- Preheat the grill to 350°F. Lightly (and carefully) grease the trays. If you are using vegetable baskets, it is advisable to grease a grilling basket and lightly place its veggies. Wooden skewers, which would work great for the recipe above, should be soaked before skewering the veggies to keep the wood from catching fire.
- Once the grill is heated to 350°F, place the vegetable mixture in the trays, and rotate the spit manually or turn on the grill’s motorized spit. Allow the vegetables to cook at 350F for five minutes, or until they are tender and golden. If using a grilling basket, you will need to flip your vegetables halfway through cooking, and skewers could need even more attention since they are closer to the open flame. Depending on how hot the grill is, they may require less cooking time.
- After around 5 minutes on 350F, remove the veggies from the grill, and transfer it to your serving plate.
- Once you have transferred the grilled veggies on your serving plate, squeeze two lemons on top of your veggies (evenly squeeze and avoid over-squeezing on the mushrooms)
- Garnish with greens (Coriander, Parsley leaves, etc.)