This dairy-free and meat-free salad will help you get rid of the conventional potato dishes.
Let’s explore this Vegan dish that is enjoyed throughout the west, especially by meat-hating families. I am not a vegan, but I have immense respect for people who are trying to fight animal cruelty by not consuming animal milk or meat, and this recipe is for them.
Vegan Potato Salad Recipe:
Potato Salad Dressing
- Olive or Vegetable Oil for sautee
- Chopped red onion (Wash it properly before and after chopping)
- 1 red bell pepper (uniformly chopped)
- 1 small jalapeño pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. of curry powder
- 1 cup of raisins (Please soak them first in hot water for at least an hour)
- Fresh juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1 cup of Veganise
- 2 tsp. of chopped cilantro
- In a skillet, drizzle oil over medium-high heat, and allow to grow warm. Add the bell peppers, onions, and jalapeño peppers. Cook vegetables until they are tender and soft. Next, add the cumin, celery salt, turmeric, coriander, and curry powder—Cook for about six minutes. To de-glaze the pan and get the seasonings from the bottom of the pan, sprinkle some lemon juice in the pan.
- In a blender or food processor, add the vegetable mixture and raisins. Pulse until smooth and shopped. Add half of the lemon juice or line juice and the cilantro and veganaise and continue to pulse.
- Later, add the dressing to a bowl and add the remainder of the lemon juice or lime. Stir well and refrigerate.
- a pound of cubed and cooked red-skinned potatoes
- 1/2 pound of drained extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup of raisins (please soak them in warm water before using)
- Chopped cilantro
- In a large and clean bowl, crumble the fresh, firm tofu (with your clean hands).
- Add the raisins, cubed potatoes, and cilantro and toss thoroughly.
- Next, add the dressing to the salad and mix fresh. Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours before serving.