The Ministry’s observation came after the Daily NK, a local news website specializing in North Korea, reported on Monday morning that Pyongyang and Beijing have reached a deal to resume the operation of international trains moving across their border from Friday, reports Yonhap news Agency.
“We are paying close attention to relevant situations, but based on the result of monitoring up until this weekend, there have been no marked changes,” Ministry spokesman Yoh Sang-key said at a briefing.
“We will continue to keep tabs on the matter for a longer time,” he was quoted as saying.
Despite the confirmation of a Covid-19 cases, North Korea has maintained strict restrictions on the movement of people and goods across its border with China since earlier this year as part of its efforts to stem the spread of the virus.
Due to the restrictions, North Korea’s imports of food and other key items from China was being hampered, Yonhap News Agency said in its reports.