Cauliflower is remarkably versatile; that’s why it’s easy to add to a lot of recipes. This nutritious green is also a good source of Vitamins C, B6, and K and minerals such as manganese, magnesium, and potassium. It also has potent antioxidant, anti-cancer, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Here are three cauliflower recipes for snacking healthy this weekend:
Creamed Custard Cauliflower
- 1 cauliflower, separated into florets, properly washed and steamed
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- Melt two Tbsp. Butter in a pan over heat (medium), add parsley, flour, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Stir in 1 cup of milk. Stir and cook for four minutes or until the mixture has thickened. Stir in cauliflower and stir for four minutes more.
- Remove from heat, then set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together 1 cup of milk, eggs, salt, and white pepper. Add cauliflower mix to the bowl and stir throughout to mix ingredients well.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (350F) for 40 minutes or until the custard is set.
- 1 cauliflower, washed, steamed and mashed
- 1/3 cup of Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. butter, sliced into small pieces
- 1 tsp. dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Place mashed Cheddar cheese, cauliflower, ranch dressing mix, sour cream, onion powder, and garlic powder in a 12-inch baking dish.
- Top with butter sliced into small pieces.
- Stir everything together until all ingredients are well-combined—Bake in a pre-heated oven (350F) for 45 minutes.
Allow cooling for 45 minutes before serving.
- 1 cauliflower, washed and separated into florets
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 cup of tomato (chopped)
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat and cook cauliflower for seven minutes or lightly browned.
- Transfer florets in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a food processor blender, puree jalapeno, onion, tomato, cumin, parsley, turmeric, and coriander.
- Move mixture to a pan and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened about twelve minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, then stir in garlic, cauliflower, chicken broth, and salt. Cook until cauliflower is uniformly tender, about 12 minutes.
Snacking healthy won’t be too tricky, especially if you try any of these fantastic cauliflower recipes.