This is the simplest chicken curry recipe in our house! Nonetheless, it is made the most often at dinner parties! It is my mom’s recipe of chicken curry. To me it is like a soothing balm to the soul. As a child I used to call it “Mom’s Lajawab Chicken Curry”.
My mom prefers to use curry cut chicken, a small one in size. She says small chickens have the best taste! We like our curry semi-dry but feel free to increase the gravy, as per your liking.
- Chicken curry cut 800g
- Onion grated 2
- Tomato grated 2
- Ginger garlic paste 1 Tbsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Haldi/ Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Dhania/ Coriander powder 1/2 Tbsp
- Kitchen king masala 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Kasuri methi 1 Tbsp (dried fenugreek leaves)
- Yoghurt 2 Tbsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil/ Ghee 2 Tbsp
- Coriander leaves chopped handful
- Heat oil/ ghee in a wok, add onions & fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste & cook till the raw smell disappears.
- Add tomatoes and dry spices.
- Cook till tomatoes become mushy & oil separates.
- Add yoghurt and kasuri methi.
- Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces
- Cook till water is released and chicken is done.
- Add garam masala & coriander leaves.
You can adjust the water to the gravy consistency as you like, this recipe is for a semi-dry one as per my taste.
For more recipes follow me on Instagram at @meghiliciousbyMnM.