When I’m not writing my articles, I’m in the kitchen, cookin’ up something new. My girlfriend is like a big old’ kid, she is very picky when it comes to eating. I love throwing together my own little experiments using ingredients I know she loves. Also, I get irked eating the same things, so I have to notch it up every now and then. Last week I thought, “Why do burgers have to be made into patties? Why don’t I mix all the ingredients and throw it on a hoagie roll?” So, that’s what I did.
Here’s the recipe.
Bacon Cheeseburger Subs
- 1 Pack of Bacon
- 1 Medium Onion (Diced, optional)
- 1 lb Hamburger Meat
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Salt
- Philly Cheesesteak Hoagie Rolls
- Medium Block of Velveeta Cheese (Cubed)
- 1 Tbsp. Tony Chachere’s
- 1 tsp Salt (for taste)
- 1/4 Cup of Milk
- First, Pick a large non-stick pot, and pre-heat it over medium-high heat. While it’s boiling, stack your bacon on a chopping board, and chop it into small regular squares.
- Next, and chopped onions into the heated pot, and let it turn golden-yellow. Put your bacon, and cook until it’s almost crispy, or crispy if you like it that way.
- Once your bacon is browned, add the pound of hamburger meat to the blend. Sprinkle garlic salt, Tony’s, and salt over the mixture. Cook until meat is golden brown.
- Drain grease from the mixture.
- Next, add cheese and milk to the mix. Over medium-low heat, stir until cheese has entirely melted.
- Now, butter your hoagie rolls, and roast over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Place the mix on the grilled roll, and dress with your favorite toppings. (Mayo Lettuce, mustard, tomatoes, or ketchup.)
There it is! Cheesy and yummy! I’m sure it will become a new favorite at your home, just like it is at mine.