These are the things that you will need for doing a Camouflage Nail Art at home.
1. Polish (acrylic/enamel paint)
- Dark brown
- Dark green
- Light brown
- Light green
- White (enamel)
2. Nail polish Basecoat
3. Nail polish top coat
4. Dotting tool
- Begin with a base coat to shield your natural nails.
- Apply white as your background color.
- Apply dark brown acrylic paint and a doter to score spots with varying shapes on the nail.
- You may put asymmetrical spots or dots on the nail as many as you like.
- Apply dark green acrylic paint to add more asymmetrical spots in empty places of your nail.
- Use light green acrylic paint to add more asymmetrical spots and dots.
- Use light brown acrylic paint to add more asymmetrical spots and dots.
- Now you can apply black acrylic paint to add more spots to make sure that the entire nail is entirely covered.
- Finally, use your best nail polish topcoat it to seal in your ready to brush nails.
Here are a few nail-care tips to follow while you are on this DIY.
- I always like to begin with white, mostly when the paint involves neon or dark colors because it will heighten the other color you will be using. This method will also save you time and you won’t have to double-triple coat the same paints.
- Use your nail polish top coat on your art every alternate days. This is meant for those who are having a hard time letting go of their nail designs and those who wanted to preserve it for weeks- this tip will solve that problem. I would suggest to let your design stay for a maximum of two weeks.
- Having short nails is not bad, especially for those who don’t have stronger nails. Just keep them trimmed to match the top of your finger.
- Regular wetness makes your nails weak. Be sure to dry your nails entirely after it is being submerged in water. Also, don’t forget to wash your nails with fresh water after getting out of chlorine-filled environment like Jacuzzi and swimming pool before you dry them. You must consider these things, if you are growing your nails. It might also be easier to trim and file your fingernails when they’re soft, such as after bathing.
- Be cautious in filing your nails. It can cause flaking or damage when it is not properly done. Regardless of the type of file you are using, be sure you are filing in a single direction.
- Use moisturizer. When you use hand lotion, rub the cream into your fingernails and cuticles, too.