Spotting delicious new vegetarian recipes is undoubtedly no easy task. Whether you follow a strict vegetarian diet, are testing the waters, or fancy a meal without meat, it can be rather challenging to find a vegetarian-friendly dish that is exploding with flavor. Yet, I have two recipes here for you that are abundant in the taste department and are sure to leave your stomach satisfied!
Black Beans and Rice
- 1 cup instant rice (white)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can black beans (do not drain)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 onion (finely cut)
- Sauté onion with oil in a saucepan. Don’t let the onion brown. Throw in the tomatoes, beans, oregano, and garlic powder,. Bring to a boil. Stir in the rice and let it boil again. Reduce heat to a low setting, cover, and allow to simmer.
- After about seven minutes, remove the pan from the stove and sit for about 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans tomato puree sauce
- 1 can corn (drained)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- Salt for taste
- Cook the noodles by boiling a big pot of lightly salted water. Add the noodles and let them cook until soft and clean. Drain throughout.
- In a saucepan, mix mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, corn, and tomato puree sauce. Set to medium-hot heat and cook for about fifteen minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, scoop noodles onto a plate and top with an ample serving of sauce.
I hope you give these recipes a try and savor them as I do. Thank you for reading.