I love festivals. And it’s because I love to hog. Festival season is around the corner, and we are planning a BBQ in my backyard.
Here is a festival Appetizer that will get you off the diet plan, and you can use them throughout the year. I’ve always loved focaccia recipes. Try it out for a perfect celebration.
If you have never tried Focaccia bread, then start with this delicious caramelized onion focaccia meal. This is a simple recipe that makes a great snack, and everyone you invite will love it so much.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 chopped onions
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices of provolone cheese
- 1 focaccia (from deli section) or maybe a Boboli cheese crust
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Melt butter and the olive oil in your preferred skillet.
- Cook onions for about ten minutes while beating frequently. You’ll want the onions to become golden brown and caramelized as this brings out the juices in the onions and adds a sweet flavor to the recipe. Don’t overcook and burn your onions.
- Spray the onions with salt and pepper and proceed to stir.
- Place the bottom of the Boboli pizza crust or split focaccia on a clean cookie sheet that you’ve filled with foil. Place half of the cheese on your focaccia. Now, you will end it by sprinkling with the caramelized onions and remaining cheese slices.
- The last step is to take the top focaccia slice and place it like a sandwich. Wrap the entire thing tightly in aluminum foil and bake it for about 12 minutes until you see that the cheese has melted.
- Take it out of your oven, let it cool for 8 minutes, and then cut into wedges and serve your starving crowd.