Chicken breast recipes are excellent for any meal, but you can’t beat the taste of these stuffed and boneless chicken breasts when it comes to holidays. Check our holiday night recipes below, and you’ll be begging for holidays to come every day of the week.
Apple Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless, skinless breast halves
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pack (6 ounces) regular chicken-flavored or whole-wheat stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup chopped, peeled apple
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Slice each chicken breast through the middle horizontally, almost to the edge, leaving one end together to design an area to stuff.
- Slightly tap each portion to flatten just a bit, and brush extra virgin olive oil outside of each slice. Keep it aside.
- Prepare stuffing mix following the package directions. Add celery, apple, raisins, walnuts, and lemon peel to already-prepared stuffing.
- Evenly divide stuffing mixture into four servings, and stuff each breast with the stuffing mix. Put stuffed meat in a prepared 9 x 13-inch baking plate. Keep it aside.
- In a saucepan, mix lemon juice, apple jelly, and cinnamon, slimmer, and cook uncovered for four minutes. Brush about 1/2 of the jelly polish on the top side of each chicken piece.
- Bake chicken, uncovered, at 360F for 35 minutes; then pour the remaining apple jelly glaze over each breast and bake for about 25 minutes more.
Pineapple Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 skinless, boneless breasts
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 medium-sized green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium-sized red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 finely chopped ginger
- 1 pack (6 ounces) regular chicken or whole-wheat flavored stuffing mix
- 1 (8-ounce size) can crush pineapple (drained, but keep liquid for polish)
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 small cup white vinegar
- Drain pineapple, saving liquid. Keep it aside.
- Cut chicken breasts through the middle, horizontally leaving attached at one end to create a pocket. Flatten slightly by drilling down.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add green and red peppers and cook for four minutes or until tender. Stir in 1 cup hot water, then add pineapple and dry stuffing mix. Mix and let sit for six minutes.
- Stuff the middle of poultry pieces with pineapple stuffing mix, and place in sprayed or 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a different bowl, mix saved juice from pineapple, brown sugar, ginger, and white vinegar. Drizzle correctly over pieces.
- Bake at 360 F for about 1 hour.