If you are planning to launch your own house cleaning business, start by assessing your present conditions. There are no correct or incorrect answers to these questions, but how you respond will influence what you do.
- How much energy and endurance do you carry? If you have lots, you can schedule more house cleaning jobs than someone already in the game.
- What hours of the week are you free? If you are already working somewhere, weekly meetings of any kind, or kids that you want or need to be with at some times, design a schedule for when you can be free for your new entrepreneurship journey. Don’t be paranoid if you can only give a few hours a week initially. That will be enough to get you started, and you will be happy seeing the income.
- Do you want to start your journey alone or with your partner or another colleague? If you have someone cooperative to work with, it can be more fun to work together. It can also make it simpler if you or your co-worker fell ill or has a medical emergency
There are several ways to get clients, and none of them have to cost a lot.
Few of them are mentioned below:
- Go to a local photocopy store and get some business cards designed. (Or design them yourself on your laptop, if you happen to know how to) Print these cards and send them in laundromats, grocery stores, etc.
- With a laptop and Photoshop, create a one-page stating something like: “Don’t Have Time to Do It All? Let Us Make Your House Shine! Special Introductory Discounts Available!” Be sure to add your name, email, and phone number. Revealing your prices will get you more calls. Add a QR code for people to scan. Don’t set your prices too low, a natural tendency for new entrepreneurs.
- Talk to everyone, you know. Call and tell your friends.
- Design a website, and promote it on social media. (do I even have to mention this?)
- Design and launch your app. The QR code mentioned in Point-2 should redirect to your app. The app helps in retaining the client base.
Okay, you will shortly be getting clients. How will you do the home cleaning? What tools do you need to start with?
Here is a list of the things you’ll need.
- Scourers and Sponges.
- Microfibre cloths and Yellow dusters.
- Glass mopping and polishing cloths.
- Scrubbing brushes.
- A bucket and mop.
- A brush.
- Protective gloves. (Virus Era friends)
- A plastic caddy to move the essentials.
The quantity required strictly depends upon the number of clients you expect in your neighbourhood. Hire just four people initially. Start small.
You may require to get a business license. Verify with the town, city, or county where you reside. This doesn’t cost much.
Everything is ready. You can now commence your own house cleaning business. We wish you the best in your entrepreneurship journey.