I love Bruschetta. It’s simple to prepare, and they taste so good. This asparagus bruschetta is a long time choice of mine. My grandma of Italian origin taught me this recipe. Whenever I make it for my friends, they disappear almost immediately.
I even use this recipe to feed my friends when they come over for festivals. It’s the perfect snack!
- 1 lb. of asparagus (cut into 1.5-inches)
- 8 oz. of cheese (grated) or Gruyere (or Swiss)
- 6 oz. country ham
- 1 baguette, cut into 1.5-inch slices (toast or grill the slices)
- 3 peeled garlic cloves, (cut in half)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Use a big sauté pan – fill it 3/4 of the way with water, add salt, and bring it to a boil. Add the asparagus and simmer about 2 minutes to keep it tender-crisp. Drain the asparagus in a colander while pouring cold water over it to stop the asparagus from cooking. Keep it aside
- Toss the ham and cheese together in a small pot. Keep it aside.
- Take your garlic halves and brush them against one side of the toasted bread slices to relish it. Then sprinkle the olive oil over the tops of the toast.
- Place the gently cooked asparagus on the toast and then put tiny spoon fulls of equally divided cheese and ham mix on top of the asparagus— season to taste with the pepper and salt.
- Place the newly prepared Bruschetta on a baking sheet. Put the layer in your grill and let it bake until the cheese to melt, brown and foam. This takes two minutes. Don’t let it burn.
- Serve immediately while warm. This delicious easy appetizer recipe makes 12 servings.
And there you have it. Make this delicious appetizer and delight your people.