Is Apple Pizza a fantastic school-day snack? Or a wonderful, yummy dessert? You choose. Even for an everyday meal, this is one of my favourites. Chock full of great stuff for the soul, body, and mind – you’ll love it too.
For the Dough
- 1/2 loaf of 8 ounces frozen-thawed bread dough
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups peeled & thinly sliced apples
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the Topping
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons softened margarine
- 1/2 cup almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- First, put the bread dough on a greased 12-inch deep-dish pizza pan or something related. After the dough has thawed thoroughly, pat it onto the bottom and up 1/3 inch of the pan’s sides. Then, let the dough rest for about twenty minutes.
- Next, mix the 1/4 cup of the sugar, cream cheese, the vanilla, and egg until creamy and smooth.
- Then, mix the 2/3 cup of the brown sugar, apples, 1/4 cup the flour, and cinnamon. Arrange the apple mixture evenly over cheese cream mixture.
- Then, in a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup of the flour, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Cut in the margarine until the dough becomes crumbly. Add the almonds and then spray this mixture evenly over the apples.
- All you need to do is bake your pizza for about forty minutes or until the dough has started turning to a golden brown.
The beautiful thing about this dish is you can serve it warm (as a snack?) or cold (as a dessert?) If you serve it as a snack, it can be made ahead of time and stashed in the refrigerator waiting to whip out at a hungry moment’s notice! Your family will be happy!