What is Roku?
If you have been living under a rock I will tell you what Roku is. Roku is an affordable media streaming device which lets you stream many channels, movies, TV shows etc. but it has a closed system software which doesn’t let you access third-party apps and websites
What is jailbreaking?
Jailbreaking is an operation which lets you access third-party apps and unauthorized software which lets you customize your device as you like as it resets the permission on your device and lifts up the restrictions.
Can you jailbreak Roku 2020?
Technically speaking you can not jailbreak Roku or any other streaming device if it has closed system software which means you can not modify the device and bypass the restrictions set by the device for the user, it includes downloading apps which you were not allowed to download previously it also offers customization and designing your device as you like. As I previously mentioned you can not directly jailbreak Roku device or your Roku TV but there are some ways by which you can stream free content on your Roku device
How to jailbreak roku?
As I said earlier you can not directly jailbreak Roku device but there are some ways by which you can stream your favourite content without any restrictions. Here you will learn how to jailbreak roku device in 2020. Here are some simple ways by which you can stream numerous movies and TV shows on your Roku device for free.
1. Screen mirroring
It is simple to understand what screen mirroring is as it is self-explanatory. Screen mirroring lets you mirror what is going on on your phone to your TV, which is displayed on your smartphone or windows PC including the icons of different applications, websites you open or the content you stream on them and it is how you can stream content on your Roku tv
Follow these simple steps to stream content on your Roku TV
· Enable screen mirroring option on your smart phone or PC and have it at ready
· Go to the home screen of your Roku
· Hover over to the settings
· Select system
· Select screen mirroring
· The screen mirroring menu will show you three modes
· It is recommended to select prompt among other two options which are always allowed and never allow. If you select prompt it will always ask you before connecting to any device.
· Allow your Roku device to connect your smart phone
· Now you can stream content on your Roku TV
2. Jailbreaking with Kodi
There is another way by which you can stream your favourite content on your Roku device which is by installing Kodi and streaming content through it. There is no possible way by which you can install Kodi on your Roku device but you can install Kodi on your smartphone and stream 100s of free movies and TV series. Follow this simple tutorial to stream content through Kodi
· Make sure your Roku device is updated with the lastest version
· Be sure that you have your additional device (smartphone/ pc) equipped with the latest version of Kodi
· Enable the screen mirroring setting of your phone
· Go to the home screen of your Roku device
· Hover to the settings
· Select system and enable screen mirroring
· Connect your additional device to your Roku tv
Now you can easily stream content on your Roku device and enjoy.