Tofu is a food item prepared by thickening soy milk and then squeezing the curds into solid white blocks of differing softness – it can be smooth, soft, thick, or extra thick. Beyond these general categories, there are many types of tofu.
Here are two Tofu recipes you can try preparing at your home.
Sweet Tofu (chilli):
Sweet tofu is a simple dish to prepare. It tastes very good with rice. We recommend you use Firm Tofu to make the recipe.
- Firm Tofu
- Bell Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Mix salt, cornstarch, and pepper in a bowl. Then coat the tofu in it.
- Preheat your pan and fry them with olive oil for about 5 minutes until they are golden brown. And keep them aside.
- On the same pan, add onion and pepper, and fry them dry for about three minutes until it gets mushy.
- Put tofu to the pan. Cook it for another three minutes.
- Then get a meal bowl and pour sweet chilli sauce to it.
Your sweet chili tofu is ready to serve as it takes only 15 minutes to cook. You can enjoy it with brown rice or white rice.
Jamaican Inspired Jerk Tofu:
Though you need lots of ingredients to prepare Jerk tofu, it’s simple to cook. This recipe is Jamaican Inspired Jerk Tofu.
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Spring Onion
- Garlic (small bowl))
- 2 TSP Brown sugar
- Vinegar (Apple Cider)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 tsp Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ground Allspice
- Chop all the vegetables after washing.
- Get a food processor to mix all the ingredients to make it even.
- Mix all the spices to the blender.
- Cut your Firm Tofu into steak shape and put them on the plate.
- Add the jerk marinade on the tofu.
- Please keep it in the fridge overnight.
- Get a pan (frying pan). Fry marinated tofu in low, medium heat pan for about five minutes until they become shining brown.
Your jerk tofu is ready to eat. You can also use a grill pan for a smoky taste. You can heat the rest of the jerk marinade sauce for an extra. You can serve it with the sauté broccoli or rice. Jerk tofu is delicious.