Are you looking for a fresh and healthy dish to go with your lunch? Try Spinach salad! It has a lot of varieties, but you can dress it the way you want as long as you put in all the principal ingredients. Plus, it is high in nutritional value; that is why it is one of the preferences among adults and kids.
Spinach salad is often fancied by those who want to have a sufficient supply of necessary vitamins. Even weight-watchers create their own version for Spinach salad because of its low-caloric status as most green salads. Be careful with the dressing though, as they can make Spinach salad high in calories.
You may also serve this yummy salad as your appetiser, main course, or side dish. It is most satisfying to give your kids Spinach salad to guarantee that they are being enriched with wholesome nutrients and can savour their ‘salad days.’
How To Make Spinach Salad?
As the main course, some individuals add shrimp and even chicken to their Spinach salad to complete it. Get all the ingredients ready and serve within 20 minutes.
- Fresh Spinach, cut into bite-size
- Sliced Strawberries
- Soy blue cheese crumbles or feta cheese – 4 oz.
For the Dressing
- Red wine vinegar – 2 tbsp.
- Canola oil – 1/2 tbsp.
- Orange juice – 2 tbsp.
- Poppy seeds – 1/3 tsp.
- Dry Mustard – 1/2 tsp.
Remember first, that each ingredient’s size may vary depending on how much you plan to eat. The given sizes are enough to make a bowl of Spinach salad.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and cool them in the fridge.
- While waiting, make the main ingredients.
- Combine spinach, cut strawberries, and sliced oranges in a bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss to soak evenly.
- Add sliced cheese and cashew nuts.
- The cashews and cheese can be added for garnishing.
Select the Spinach you use for your salad carefully. Green ensures high vitamin C, which keeps the other nutrient contents of Spinach called carotenoids, phytonutrients, zeaxanthin, and lutein. Spinach salad can render all the macronutrients that the body requires.