Omelets are a headliner on breakfast tables around the world. It’s light yet filling and amazingly easy to make. The most enjoyable part is that you can add your preferred ingredients (your choice of vegetables, meat, and even spices and herbs) to make it your own. It’s deemed a breakfast food, but of course, you can savor it 24/7.
Here are two different Omelet Recipes you can make.
Caramelized omelet (with onions)
- 4 eggs
- 1 white onion, sliced into rings
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 cup cubed hard cheese of your choice
- ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan then fry the onions until golden.
- Add the olive oil to the pan, and spring with salt.
- Toss onions, separate from heat, then put aside.
- Whip the eggs in a pot with pepper and desired salt.
- Fry in the same pan, add more olive oil if required.
- Right before eggs are browned, add fried onions and cheese to the egg then fold to a half-moon.
- Serve immediately.
Spicy Cashew Omelette
Ingredients For the omelet:
- 6 eggs
- 4 large poppadums, cooked and broken into big pieces
- 2 capsicum, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 4 green chilis, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced coriander
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Pepper and salt to taste
Ingredients For the spicy cashews:
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- To make spicy cashew omelet, beat the eggs in a pot and mix in coriander, chilis, pepper, and salt.
- Put olive oil in a pan, and cook onion, celery, capsicum, and mushrooms over medium heat until onions are golden.
- Pour herbs into the bowl with the eggs.
- Fry the omelet until somewhat browned underneath.
- When set, shift to a serving plate and cut into strips.
- To make the cashews, heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat then sauté the cashew nuts.
- Add cumin, paprika, oregano, and coriander powder to the pan and mix until ingredients are blended
- Top omelet with spicy cashews.
Omelets are excellent breakfast food, particularly if you add healthy ingredients like vegetables and herbs. It will give you the power to start a new day and allow you to savor a warm, delicious meal to face another day.