- Baby potatoes 25
- All purpose flour 2 tbsp
- Corn flour 4tbsp
- Mayonnaise 1 cup
- Chili flakes 1tsp
- Onion powder 1 tsp
- Garlic powder 1 tsp
- Paprika 1tsp
- Red chili powder as per taste
- Mixed herbs 1 tsp
- ½ cup of milk depending on the consistency.
- Oil for shallow frying the potatoes.
- Small onion finely chopped
- Spring onion greens to garnish
For the Cajun Spice Mix
- In a bowl add mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic powder, chili flakes, paprika, red chili powder and mixed herbs and mix it well.
- Add milk depending on the consistency.
- Cook the potatoes in a pressure cooker along with some water on high flame for 2 whistles. Do not remove skin ,skin makes potatoes more crispy.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove the water and let the potatoes cool down to room temperature.
- Now place the potatoes on a chopping board ,using a flat spatula , press each baby potato till the skin just splits(do not break) and keep it aside.
- Take the corn flour and all purpose flour in a bowl, add 3-4 tbsp water and mix it well until there are no lumps.
- Now dip the potatoes in the flour paste and shallow fry the potatoes until they are crispy and in golden brown colour.
- Now take the crispy potatoes in a plate and top it up with the cajun spice mix.
- Garnish it with finely chopped onions and spring onion greens and its ready to serve.