PM Modi, Union Environment Minister Javadekar Emphasise on Clean Energy

Union Environment and Climate Change Minister Prakash Javadekar strongly echoed Prime Minister Narendra Modi”s “Economy & ecology are complementary” statement.

“Referring to the regular dilemma whether to focus on economy or ecology, the PM said India resolved such dilemmas by focussing on solar energy projects and other environment-friendly measures. PM Narendra Modi said economy & ecology are not contradictory but complementary to each other.”

This assertion comes against the backdrop of Modi”s inauguration of the mega solar power plant in Madhya Pradesh”s Rewa that will generate 750 MW power which can charge industry. But being solar energy, it is completely free from carbon, known for environmental hazards.

The Rs 4,000-crore project has three units of 250 MW each in the solar park spread over 1,500 hectares and developed by the Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Ltd (RUMSL), a joint venture company of the Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd, and the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI), a central PSU.

About a fourth, or 24 per cent of the solar power produced by the project will be used in the Delhi Metro and the remaining 76 per cent by discoms (Distribution Companies) of Madhya Pradesh.

Previous articlePM Modi Dedicates Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project to India
Next articleRome zoo shows off two lion cubs born under lockdown
Arushi Sana is the Founder of Santerra Living and Co-Founder of NYK Daily. She was awarded the Times Power Women of the Year 2022 and Times Digital Entrepreneur of the Year 2023. Arushi is also a Sustainability Consultant for organisations looking to reduce their carbon footprint and also works with brands on social media to help them carve a presence in that niche. She holds a Degree in Computer Science Engineering from VIT University and a Diploma in Marketing Analytics from IIM Nagpur. Her interest in Sustainable Living and Interior Design led her to start a Sustainable e-Marketplace where customers can buy eco-furniture and eco-friendly products for everyday use. Arushi is a writer, political researcher, a social worker, a farmer and a singer with an interest in languages. Travel and nature are the biggest spiritual getaways for her, and she aims to develop a global community of knowledge and journalism par excellence through this News Platform.

Was it worth reading? Let us know.