You may meet someone extremely irritating on Facebook. But luckily, you have an option to get rid of such people. You can simply block them which means that the person you block will not able to see your posts on your Facebook timeline neither be able to tag you nor can send invite for events and groups. The blocked person will not be able to converse with you or add you as friend. What a relief, isn’t it!
Of course at some point of life, if you want to connect back with them, you can unblock them too. A lot of users may find trouble in blocking and unblocking someone on Facebook. So, here we will show you how to block someone and then how to unblock someone on Facebook.
Steps to block someone on Facebook
- Sign in to your Facebook account
- Then visit the profile of the person you wish to block. Just type the name of the person in the search bar.
- Once the profile open, check just next to the Message button, you will find three dots. Click on it.
- Select the option “Block”
- Then press the “confirm” button and that person will get blocked from your account, till the time you unblock him/her.
How to unblock someone on Facebook?
It is a very simple procedure and can be done within a minute, if you are well aware of the steps. One of the first things to do is to open your Facebook app on your Android gadget. Then click on menu button sited at the right side corner on the top. Look out for “Account Setting” and click on it.
After it is done, the next step is to choose the “Blocking” option which will display the list of people you have blocked on your ID. Look out for the person you want to unblock and unblock him/her once the popup window appears.
This is it! Once you have unblocked, the person can see your posts, tag you and send you messages again.
But not everyone will use their smartphone to unblock. If you are on your laptop or desktop, then here is the step by step instruction to unblock someone on Facebook
- Sign in to your Facebook with your preferable browser.
- Tap on the tiny inverted triangle symbol placed in the right side corner at the top of your home page.
- Select “Settings”
- Now tap on the option of “Blocking” present on the left hand.
- Click on the “Unblock “option which is present after the name of the blocked person and finally press confirm.
So, now you have unblocked that person. It is a simple and easy procedure which you can do either from your smartphone or laptop. One thing to keep in mind is that once you have unblocked a person, you cannot block him/ her again for 48 hours. Keep these points in mind and you can literally block and unblock anyone within a minute.