Soap making is an art that can be your way to manage stress. It is a stress relieving creative skill that can be learned in a few steps that we will explore below.
The supplies, ingredients and materials for making your own soap are easily obtainable in nearby stores, and they are also low-priced.
Here is how you can get started with soap-making:
- Sharp knife,
- wood spoon,
- and a shell that has the shape that you would want for your soap
- Coconut oil
- olive oil
- sodium hydroxide (NaOH)
- Vegetable shortening
DIY: Natural Soap.
- Mix oil and vegetable fat and put the mix on a pan and heat on the stovetop. Once they are thoroughly mixed, transfer them from heat and let them cool.
- Next, in a jug, mix sodium hydroxide (NaOH) and water and stir until the sodium hydroxide has dissolved.
- Use the thermometer to check if its heat has reached 50 degrees Celcius. Once it has reached this temperature, add this mix to the cooled pan of fat and vegetable oil.
- Stir the mix while dodging any bubbles to form and wait for it to harden. When it has thickened, with a texture similar to that of a melted candle, empty the mixture into the shell and tap it or lightly drop it to make it even and to eliminate any air or bubbles to form.
- Have this rest for around a day while the shell is wrapped in a towel to shield it from air and moisture.
- After a day, you can now cut up the bar of soap into pieces using your knife.
- Have the parts of soap rest again for around two weeks before distributing them.
You can also mix essential oils such as chamomile,, sandalwood, or lavender to make your soap not just great-smelling, but the use of these oils can bring healing effects.
Aromatherapy is not just restricted to candles as more and more people want to enjoy these scents while they are bathing. Particularly during evening baths, where people want to unwind and prepare for sleep, scented soap has been a favorite choice.
Once you practice it a few times, you will be more satisfied with your soap making skills and maybe sure enough to launch it as your business, especially if you make one-of-a-kind soaps.
Making soaps can be entertaining, and when you master it with practice and patience, it can be profitable to you as well. More and more people are into organics or natural ingredients nowadays as we now further realize its importance in our health and its influence on the environment.
Organic is now the way to go, and with natural do-it-yourself soaps, you can be sure that it is something not just your friends will love, but instead even potential clients as well.