What are the dreams that you want to achieve in life? What do you want to do for yourself? How do you see yourself ten years down the line? Are you happy?
The more you take sufficient care of yourself and your needs, the better it is for you and the people around you. So, if you’ve not lived your personal or professional life for your own dreams, how do you do it?
6 Steps to achieve what you want in life:
1. Recognize What You Want: Be precise about your vision. This takes some devoted soul searching and consideration time to recognize what an ideal experience would look like if you were actually living it on your own terms. What would be a custom fit and tailor-made life for yourself in every field of your life?
2. Evaluate Where You Are: Take an accurate look at what you have in your life. It’s only when you are conscious about what’s right in the present that you can change it and move in a separate direction.
3. Know The Gap: Make a list of every dimension that governs your life and rate it on a scale of 1-10 in evaluating how comfortable or satisfied you are with each area. The standards you use for that should be whatever you choose is the right, ideal fit for you. Only carry opinions about yourself on your own criteria of what you really want, not what you think you should wish for, or what others tell you you should wish for. This is the time to be completely candid with yourself.
4. Pick Only One Area To Fix: There is a lot of potential in picking just one next step to take to change just one area of your life. If you try to do everything at once or somehow think you should do everything at once, you’ll be bewildered, and you’ll set yourself up for failure. Just pick one next right thing to change based on your own judgment.
5. The time for Action is NOW: Decide to take action (s) to enhance that area. It’s okay (and even advised) to begin with some gentle baby steps that you can do in do-able doses. The key is to put some effort into moving forward. Like with the rabbit and the turtle, slow and steady wins the race! Pledge to just one thing and do it!
6. Honor Your Wins and Celebrate Your Results: Don’t jump this step! Be sure to recognize, dance, and rejoice all wins, no matter how big or small. This keeps your fresh momentum going. It also opens up the power of recognition and gratitude. It will yield even bigger and better people, conditions, and possibilities to move your way.