Covid-19 is not going anywhere, and it means we will be stuck at home for a few more months. That being said, cooking is a hobby that I inherited from my grandmother. The kitchen is the favorite room in my apartment amid lockdown. So, I want to teach a few simple recipes that can both entertain and engage you during this pandemic era.
Here are some simple vegetable dip recipes for you.
Easy Queso Dip
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 package of Velveeta
- Mushroom Cheese Dip
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
Melt and dilute cheddar cheese over a double boiler. Then put soup and mix properly. Serve warm with tortilla chips or Fritos for one of the most surprisingly delicious dips ever. These dips are excellent for casual home use, or home parties like barbeques, baby showers, and birthdays.
Cucumber Yogurt Dip
- 3/4th cup light sour cream
- 11/4th cups plain non-fat yogurt
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 cucumber, seeded, chopped, and peeled.
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped mint
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
Mix all ingredients in a food blender and beat together until well combined. Freeze for two hours and then serve with raw veggies or pita chips.
- 200gm ounces mayonnaise
- 200gm sour cream
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped dill
- Pinch of red pepper flakes for heat.
Blend all ingredients until it mixes well. Use as a dip with breadsticks, raw vegetables, or pretzels.
Kicked Up Dip
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of lemon juice
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. favorite seasoning salt
Beat all ingredients until mixed well. Serve with a crudité platter or a variety of cookies from Wheat Thins, Ritz, or Chicken and Biscuit flavor crackers.
- 1 bag of frozen spinach, thawed and drained properly
- 1 pack of softened cream cheese
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/4th cup finely chopped white onions
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Make sure spinach is dried and free of water. Juice small batches of it in your hands, if needed. Add cream cheese and other ingredients and stir together well. Serve in a hollowed-out sourdough bread bowl with bread chunks, and raw veggies.