What Are CBD Gummies?
They’re exactly what they sound like. What used to be your favorite candy/treat as a kid has now graduated and entered into adulthood. CBD gummies look like regular gummy bears; except they are laced with cannabidiol (CBD), a type of cannabinoid that comes from Industrial Hemp Farms.
Of all the ways there are to consume CBD; gummies are easily the best and most flavourful way to get CBD into your system. For one thing – they are incredibly tasty and for another; they are legal in all 50 states.
However, in this post, we talk about why you should make your own CBD gummies along with the recipe for it. Of course, you will need to get stuff like CBD oil or isolate so make sure these products are legal where you live.
Benefits of CBD Gummies
- Good for combating stress: CBD is well documented to show stress-busting and anti-anxiety effects. So, if you’re someone who is constantly anxious or stressed; munching on a couple of these treats might cheer you up; even if the effect is going to be only temporary.
- Good for athletes – It might give them a surge of motivation to work out harder. It interacts with the cannabinoid receptors connected to the immune system and central nervous system. It may also help a quicker recovery after a workout.
- Supports myriad bodily functions via the endocannabinoid system – Cannabidiol interacts with the ECS, which is a network that supports a whole bunch of crucial bodily functions. It, therefore, helps to keep those crucial functions balanced and also functioning at their optimal level. Some of those functions include memory, thinking, motor skills, etc.
How to Make CBD Gummies?
To make these delicious treats, you’ll need the following –
- Silicone molds (BPA-free, food-grade)
- Oven mitts, gloves
- 1 cup juice (even though all fruit juices will work, we recommend using tart cherry. But, don’t go for pineapple, kiwi, or papaya because they do not gel well).
- 2 tbsp gelatin
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 grams full-spectrum CBD oil
- Grab a medium saucepan and start heating the fruit juice until it starts to simmer.
- Add the honey and the gelatin. Slowly keep whisking it until it is fully combined. It should take no more than a minute.
- Turn the heat off. To this add CBD oil. Whisk it all once more so all the ingredients are mixed evenly.
- Transfer everything into the mold. It’s better if you use a funnel to pour everything into a condiment dispenser to avoid any spillage. This way, you’ll be easily able to squeeze the liquid into each mold. (word of caution: the liquid might be too hot to handle so make sure to use oven mitts or gloves to avoid accidentally burning yourself).
- Once all the molds are filled and the juice is evenly distributed, let it refrigerate.
- Ideally, you would want to wait for an hour, but after the 30th-minute mark, you can start checking whether or not they are done and remove them as per your judgment.
- For storage purposes, grab an airtight container.
- The gummies will stay good for ten days. If you live in a particularly hot or humid area, use a refrigerator to store them.
How to Calculate Your CBD Dosage?
It’s pretty straightforward to prepare the mixture and go about the whole process when you’re dealing with the recipe part. But, if you talk about the exact CBD dosage (especially one that works for you), things can get a little tricky.
However, on the plus side, you can decide in advance the overall strength of the gummies you want to stick with. Accordingly, you can adjust the concentration of the CBD which is ideal for you.
- Establish the exact dosage you want from one gummy
- Multiply that with the total number of gummies you plan on making
- Check for the CBD concentration of the oil you’ll be using to find out exactly how much tincture you’ll be needing.
What Are the Benefits of Making Your Own Gummies?
- You have complete autonomy over the CBD concentration – Good thing is, markets are flooded with all kinds of CBD oils with varying percentages of the total CBD. With that knowledge, it’s always easy to scale up and scale down the exact concentration to achieve the kind of final product you want to have. You can stay with the lower end of the spectrum if you’re new to this game. If you are an experienced user, you’ll obviously know what you’re doing.
- If you have dietary restrictions – Those who follow a certain type of diets such as vegan, keto, paleo, or even those who have some food allergies may not buy certain store-bought products. But, with this recipe, you are no longer bound by any dietary restrictions. You can always play around with the recipe to make it work for you.
- You can make them more nutritious – You always have the option to add grass-fed gelatin and fruit juices that are loaded with antioxidants to up the ante. The final product will be even more nutritious than any store-bought gummies.
- Works great for those on a budget – CBD gummies can be rather expensive; especially if you plan on consuming them every single day. By choosing to make them on your own, you can cut down the overall costs dramatically.
- You can play around with the shapes– Let your creativity out by grabbing a bunch of different kinds of molds. They come in fun and interesting shapes like hearts, bears, leaves, stars, animals, sea creatures, dinosaurs, etc. Have fun playing with them.
There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to enjoy these cute, little treats even if you’re no longer a kid. We hope you enjoyed this recipe. Do try it out and share your experience with others.