Projects revolving around jewelry involve using ornament supplies to make all kinds of items – some are wearable, some useable, and some ornamental. It’s an entertaining way to use up bits and pieces of unused supplies or mix other craft designs with jewelry techniques. If you have a creativity block, have some fun using your stock in a different kind of project.
This is an excellent idea for kids as well. You can spread out a collection of beads, findings, ribbon, glue, colored art wire, and a few other odds and ends – and a group of artistic children can gracefully entertain themselves for a couple of hours.
You can also make and sell kits for special projects and add photos of a few suggested ways to create the project using the kit package’s supplies. Jewelry craft kits are popular gifts and can sell well if you hit on currently fashionable projects and colors.
Jewelry Craft Concepts
Here are a few concept starters for projects you can try with. Many of these items make beautiful gifts, particularly if you personalize the design for the person you give it to.
- Home decor – try using your unused jewelry to decorate vases, create wall hangings, craft a bookmark, or make a wind chime.
- Clothing – use rhinestones or faux pearls to embellish a T-shirt, a pair of jeans, or a jacket. Make a band buckle fancier with your jewelry.
- Handbags – adorn a cigar box into a bag with jeweled clasp, or crochet a beaded evening bag, or decorate a tote bag with beaded fringe and photo-charms of grandchildren.
- Shoes – make beautiful shoe clips from wire and other items. Or add beads to the ends of tennis shoelaces.
- Gift packaging – use jewelry to embellish a gift bag or design package ornaments.
- Baby gifts – make a dream-catcher to hang over baby’s crib, or a sun-catcher to glitter in the window.
- Holiday ornaments – design seasonal decorations tiny enough to fit on a tree, or large enough to hang on a door. Or give regular ornaments a makeover with jewelry making craft supplies.
After savoring a few jewelry craft sessions, don’t be startled to find yourself jumping over into using craft materials in your jewelry designs. It opens up a whole new world of addictive supplies and accessories to collect.