Imagine the look on your child’s face when you get him a fishing pole – priceless. This is one moment he will forever cherish. Fishing is not restricted to adults. In fact, your kids can enjoy fishing along with you. As you teach them how to fish, you establish a bond between both parties. They learn more about being patient, focused, calculative, and strategic, not just in fishing, but other areas of life. Such lessons are etched in their hearts forever.
If you are considering purchasing kids fishing poles, then put into consideration your child’s age; this would determine the ideal fishing pole to buy. In this guide, we have provided a list of the best kids fishing pole (and their ages) for children. The fishing products on our list cover all ages, from toddlers to youths.
List Of Fishing Poles
- Lil Anglers Casting Combo – Ideal For Kids Between 3 And 4 Years
Beginner kids will find the Lil Anglers Combo ideal for fishing. This fishing c0mbo has a soft sponge fish lure that kids can practise with indoors and also use to catch real fish. Once you dip the sponge fish inside water, it instantly transforms into a brightly-coloured, making it easy to spot the item. It also features a patented snap swivel that prevents the fishing line from snapping.
Promote learning in your child by switching the sponge with a small plastic hook and teaching him how to properly tie the fishing knot, thereby preventing fish from breaking. Over time, they will build the confidence to practise on their own. Here are some of the features you will find in the package:
- A sponge fish training lure
- 34″ youth-size, 3.1:1 gear ratio reel, with 6 lb line
- Pre-tied snap swivel that prevents fishing line twist
- A practice casting plug
- Safe plastic hook
Your child can attach the safe plastic hook to any line and cast it easily. Children drawn to colourful items will find this fishing combo attractive. Here are some pros and cons of this product.
- Features a colourful design
- Built with durability in mind
- Tangle-free line makes fishing fun
- It is fun and easy to use.
- The product is made from plastic, which means that there is an age limit to its usage
- Zebco Dock Demon Spinning Combos – For 5 Year Olds
As soon as your child has outgrown the Lil Anglers Casting Combo, it is time for them to upgrade to the Zebco Dock Demon Spinning Combo. This product has one of the best fishing rods in the industry and is ideal for kids between 5 to 7 years old. The spinning combo keeps them engaged all through your fishing activity. Here are some features worth checking out:
- Zebco 202 5’6’’ two-piece rod
- Battleborn Zebco 202 spincast reel and a convenient tackle wallet
- 2:8:1 gear ratio that enables kids to pick up lines fast
- Solid metal-gear with ABS housing that provides durability
- Built-in hook keeper
- Stainless steel pickup pin
- Adjustable drag with easy-to-use star knob – holds the preloaded 10lb monofilament line in place
- Z-glass rod with an EVA handle
- Twist-lock reel to help kids lock the line into specific distance and prevent line twisting
The EVA handle gives your child a firm grip even in rough or wet conditions. The zebco Dock Demon Spinning Combos are the best beginner’s choice and are affordable.
- Lightweight, making it easy to carry around
- Can fit into small spaces
- Made from durable Zebco fiberglass
- Tangle-free fishing line
- Newbies may find it too flexible to use
- Tackle to use is absent
- Zebco 33 Platinum SpinCast Combos (6 – 7 Year Olds)
Zebco’s recent classic known as the 33 series rod and reel combos is fully packed with various features your kids would love. Its 100-yard fishing line makes it easy to move the spincast through the reel. Similar to the Zebco 202, the reel has a lock feature for anglers to secure the line at any distance. This enables them to cast the reel without hassle. Other features include,
- A metallic body and handle equipped with 5 bearings
- Continuous Anti-Reverse mechanism
- 4.1:1 high-speed gear ratio
- Swappable handle for both left- and right-handed users
- A 6’22’’ graphite rod construction decked with stainless steel rod seats
With these features, the SpinCast Combos is capable of holding big catches like catfish without breaking as it is made from graphite and platinum. It is lightweight, which means that your kids can fish for long hours without experiencing fatigue.
- Top-of-the-line Zebco graphite construction designed to withstand pressure and last long
- Medium-action graphite rod to withstand even the biggest catches
- Adjustable rod length that meets most age requirements
- It can be quite heavy for some children
- Kids with smaller hands will have a hard time using the reel
- Shakespeare Youth Ugly Stik GX2 – For Youths
Shakespeare are one of the most popular brands in the industry and are noted for their Ugly Stik series. Many youths find the Ugly Stik GX2 ideal for their fishing adventures. The fishing combos are ideal for kids within 8 to 12 years. For the right price, you can get enough fishing poles for your children without draining your account. Another point worth mentioning is its construction made from graphite and fibreglass. With this material, teenagers have no problem carrying the fishing pole for long periods. Response time is quick as well – thanks to increased sensitivity and clear tip design. Additionally, it has a lightweight EVA that provides a firm grip when fishing.
The Ugly Stik GX2 also comes with a disengageable swivel that releases the lure easily even without casting. All you need is an ideal fishing spot. This fishing product gives your teenager a memorable fishing experience. Record amazing catches without having to cast your pole over and over again.
- Simple, but extraordinary design
- Narrow handle makes it ideal for anglers with small hands
- Designed for durability
- Retractable spinning construction that increases casting length
- Easy to use and ideal for beginners
- Bulky lower foam
- Reel mount has the tendency to snap under the weight of large fish