People with a purpose or goal always want to be more productive. They want to make sure that they’re working as much as possible to get closer to accomplishing their goals. Sadly, not all of them are successful in doing so. I know people who waste as much as 8-10 hours per day in front of their computer without understanding anything. For people running an online business, this cannot be the outline of their day all the time or their business would fall in no time.
You see, there’s one thing that can help you efficiently utilise just 2 hours of your life everyday, and that is responsibility. If you’re committed to getting everything done, you’ll be more than ready to do the hard work, you’ll be more focused, and you’ll have the strength to resist all sorts of distractions. Commitment is what will take you considerably ahead in any field that you choose.
Here are some suggestions that can help you make the most of those special 2 hours:
- The first thing is to plan how you’re going to spend the next 2 hours. make a list of those things that you would want to get done with at the end of the day and then list them based on their relevance. Then, determine how much time you’ll allot to doing each task. Make sure that you adhere to the time limit that you’ve set. By doing this, you’ll become more focused, and you’ll evade wasting even a single minute.
- Dodge distractions. Give your co-workers or your family members (if you’re working at home) an instruction to not bother you for the next 2 hours. It is imperative because sometimes, it’s too hard to get your momentum back when your train of thought has been disrupted. Also, let your answering machine manage your calls and, if possible, log out from the internet. Instagram and other social networking sites can be very distracting.
- Comfy. Having a pleasant workplace can help you become more productive. Before you get started, make sure that your office is clear from clutter and that you have everything you need to kickstart your engine. If you’re working at home, I recommend that you invest in getting a beautiful swivel chair, getting an air-conditioning system, etc.
- Stay healthy. It would not be easy to stay focused and committed when you’re not feeling good on the inside. It is the reason why you have to make that conscious decision to stay healthy. Eat a well-balanced diet, exercise regularly (preferably before you start working), and get at least 8 hours of sleep every night.
- Optimism. From time to time, you’ll confront things that will undoubtedly frustrate you. It would help if you didn’t let these things affect your mood or your temper. If you stay too much on negative stuff, I can guarantee you that you will not be able to get a lot of stuff done in 2 hours.