- 6 large whole-dried red chillies
- 1.5 inch ginger peeled and sliced
- 10 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 medium-large red tomatoes
- salt to taste
- In a bowl, soak 6 large whole-dried red chillies, 1.5 inch ginger (peeled and sliced) and 10 cloves of garlic in 4 tbsp of white vinegar for 1 hour. Keep aside. (The quantity of vinegar should be such that all the 3 ingredients are properly soaked in it)
- While it is soaking, take 2 medium-large red tomatoes and roast it on a stove.
- Peel off the burnt skin of the tomatoes once it is well done.
- Once the tomatoes have cooled down, grind it in a blender along with the soaked ingredients from above – including the vinegar. Add salt to taste as well. Grind it to a smooth consistency.
- Store it in a glass bottle and refrigerate – it lasts for at least 2-3 weeks.
- The Chutney is a favourite not just with momos/dumplings but also with sandwiches, noodles, salad and even grilled vegetables.